Twenty-Seven.

A/N: I wouldn't read in public, just as an FYI..

Maya

The door creaked open and I rolled my eyes at the fact that I continue to forget asking Vic for the key back to my place. She was early, not that I minded all that much. There was a lot to do before Carina got home.

For one:

-I wanted to go buy some more boxes for Carina

-Get the suitcases from storage

-Go through the storage space— because who knows what's in there.

-Do something about my hair.

I was finishing putting the dishes away when I heard footsteps, "Vic you're early, and you better leave your key on the table this time. Last thing I need is you walking in when you're not supposed to." I dried my hands and turned— not to find Vic, but to find Carina removing her jacket and throwing it over her luggage on the other side of the dining room table.

The colander fell from my hands as I took her in. All tanned and glowing like she had just dropped from heaven, her black low neckline long sleeve stopping right at the swell of her breasts. Her high rise jeans hugging her hips and elongating those legs I died to have wrapped around my head. "Did I interrupt your plans?"

She was here. This was real. I looked down at my watch and saw it wasn't even 10am. How was she over 8 hours early? My face went back up to look at hers, removing her boots and I just couldn't believe it. "Are you real?"

Her smile could win all the prizes, and those eyes took me to church because lord was I blessed beyond belief to have a wife so gorgeous. "Maybe, you should come touch me and find out," she said low enough for the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Carina bit her lip and my heart raced.

It took a minute to adjust, but I ran over and swooped her up in my arms, twirling her around in circles. Insane how a loud broken laugh could make my heart beat again, and to feel her body so close to mine was like I was alive once again. "You're here!"

"I am!" She squealed as I set her down to pepper kisses into her neck while we hugged. Rubbing my face in her warmth. The power this woman had over me was unmistakable. "Hi," her voice vibrated my face where I was pressed against. Her hand running through the hair I was planning on cutting before she got home.

"The sun smells good on your skin," I teased her with a small bite and she pulled my hair to get me to look up her.

The dirtiest look in her eye. Those perfect brown eyes, so rich and brown. I've spent my time looking at shades of brown to describe them and none came close enough. Somewhere between burnt umber and syrup brown. A color I'd call perfection.

Her hands came up to the side of my face and I melted at the contact of her touch against my skin, the last of the doubt falling away as I finally had her close. She came home earlier for me. "You're blushing."

"You make me warm," I curled my fingers into the belt loops on her jeans and pulled her into me. "I've missed you— no, you've been missing from me. How do you say it?" I looked up and before she could answer I started again, "Oh yeah, mi manchi Carina."

She bit her lip as I kissed the pad of her thumb passing over my bottom lip. My body was vibrating with anticipation, my mouth watered from her scent invading my nostrils. The air was so thick around us it's like I couldn't move. Not with her looking at me like that. "Where?" the tip of her tongue poking out to lick her bottom lip. I wanted it to pass between my lips that way, and not the ones she was looking at.