(Part 1 - Her Stupid Husband) Chapter 0-1 - After Destruction/Cover Story

Chapter 0 - After Destruction

Belos has fallen, and the Collector found his home in the skies once more. My home had been destroyed, and simply left.

Chapter 1 - Cover Story

After escaping the Boiling Isles, I found safety within the nest of peculiarity that is "Earth".

I've been living here for 3 years, since. I'm 20 in "human years", I taught myself how to live amongst humans and even wizards and witches as well as ex-magic users who sought solace here. Even made friends with them. Some come and go, but that's just life in general, and not a problem native to either the Boiling Isles or here on Earth.

I find that their technology is bizarre and colloquial to one another in some way, shape or form. But after losing my family by the Collector's rigid hand, I knew I only had to rely on me, myself and I. And it's not that complex, either.

I'm now working as a "barrister" in a local coffee shop in a place called "Gravesfield". Coffee for humans must mean the "furry-dark" we had back at home, as people seem to come here where I work often to drink coffee for some kind of energy spike. I make a pretty solid living for myself and get by pretty well, and I wouldn't take anything for it. I make some money, too. What they call "dollars", which must mean some form of currency, like we had back home, which are referred to as snails.

I'd become so comfortable living here, I even took up hobbies and some odd-jobs that are one time. I even turned writing, a passion I had long before coming to "America" or what humans call what this place is, into something even more. They call it a "blog", which really is just a contraction of the words "web" and "log".

There are some drawbacks, though.

I can't expose my ears because they look like what people think as a cosplay of a character from a film I watched called "Lord of the Rings". How do I tell people that it's a part of me, not a costume?

I'll be ridiculed. Ostracized. Incarcerated. As such, my identity is no longer "Helios Skullbrew". I'm now "John Hyde"; local barrister, part time blogger, and cat enthusiast.