Chapter 15 - Hold on Till May

This was the funeral of August Porter.

We used a portal designed by Luz to travel back to the Boiling Isles and carry out eulogies for him in his honor, in the same place he described as the place that took Hunter and Willow's illustrious wedding, which had now taken a depressing funeral.

Dressed in all black, I was the first one to give a eulogy for him, while the others in the back had to cope with the grief of the truth of what had happened.

Beside his coffin, I started off the speech.

"Hello, everyone." I started off with. "As you all know, I'm Helios Skullbrew. I'm a coffee and cat enthusiast, and essayist blogger.

We are all gathered here today to mourn the loss of August Porter. A dear friend of ours who not only loved and laughed in peace, but prepared and engaged in the war against Belos.

It was one of Belos' loyalists who took our August from us, and we're not gonna see him again. At least, for a while.

Ok, I'm gonna level with you people. I hate funerals.

I hate funerals because all it talked about was how great and accomplished inside and outside a person was with boring rote speeches and word regurgitation.

From now on, I'll talk about August in a way that makes it seem like he wasn't dead in the first place.

August was funny. He knew how to gossip. In fact, he told me that Amity is the most basic woman he knows."

Everyone laughed.

"Haha, is right!" I continued. "Anyway, he also confessed to me that Hunter and Willow consummated their marriage... in a church!"

Everyone laughed even more.

"Haha! I'm on a roll!" I continued. "See? This is how funerals should be.

Funerals shouldn't be a gloomy recognition of someone's death, but in my opinion, I believe that they should be a celebration of someone's life.

This should be a celebration of his life, because we're not gonna see him again for a while. And I'm not saying that we should insanely become interested into what music he would've listened to or what clothes he would've worn or what magician he would've idolized in a cult-like fashion, but that we should acknowledge those things as a part of his life.

Let's celebrate his life with things not that he would've done, but things he would've loved to do with his friends and family.

Going home will be a sad, sad thing after this. No alcohol, no Gus, and certainly, no annoyances.

I hope he's amusing a poor, confused passerby with his magic tricks and illusions wherever he is...

...Thank you."

A thunderous applause appeared after the speech.

Life turned... stable after that.

And in my opinion, I wouldn't take anything of it.

I held on till May and when August burnt red.

TO BE CONTINUED.