Jen's Revenge (10) Part 1

Natalie's POV

Early morning. The time of day when the sun is just beginning to rise in the sky, and the birds are chirping. It's been a few weeks since Wes and I started living in the clock tower. I still go back and forth between here and dad's house, but Wes spends most of his time here while making some attempts at going back and forth.

I've been feeling weird since the others saved me from Samurhive, but, I am starting to feel ok again. It's a slow process.

As things are slowly getting back to normal after last week's events, I did notice that Lucas seemed to be a bit down but didn't show it around the others, or me for that matter, only when he thought he was alone.

I woke up and quickly got dressed, and I was met with the sight of Lucas spiking his hair with more hair gel, Katie and Riley were sitting at one of the two picnic tables, and Trip and Circuit were by the cryogenic container that kept the recaptured mutants.

"Trip, check on the mutants that we've captured!" Circuit told his Xybrian friend, who nodded as he went to open the containment unit "Make sure their cryogenic containment is functioning properly"

Trip uses the key that he always keeps around his neck and opens the containment unit to check the mutant's canisters.

"It seems like they're all present and accounted for" Trip nodded, satisfied as he closed the unit once more

"Hey, Circuit!" I greeted my owl friend, who chirped in reply

"Morning, Natalie!" Circuit greeted as he flapped his wings

"You sure like a lot of hair gel, Don't you?" I asked Lucas as I raised a brow in his direction to see what kind of reaction I got out of him this morning

"It makes my hair look good!" Lucas shrugged as he continued to gel up his hair into spikes

I rolled my eyes and chuckled as I went over to the window ledge where I found myself most mornings now, staring out at the city skyline.

Before I could walk out onto the window ledge completely a loud ring sounded in my ear.

I groaned in annoyance "Really Wes?!"

Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked up to the second-floor area where Wes was currently sleeping in a sleeping bag.

Wes seemed to still be asleep until I had enough of the ringing coming from his alarm clock.

"Rise and shine!" I yelled, and he shot up like someone ruined his sleep.

Oh wait, I did.

"Was that necessary!?!" He glared at me from above and turned over in an attempt to get up but rolled towards the edge.

"Yes, it was!" I said and walked back over to the

Riley raised her hand for a high five, and I gave one to her with a smile.

"Nice one!" Riley whispered to me as she leaned across from where she was sitting next to Katie

"Why thank you!" I said playfully

I looked back over to Wes, and he rolled off the ledge and fall to the floor with a thump.

"Whoa! That's gonna leave a mark!" Circuit said as he flapped his wings

I winced as I covered my eyes slightly before looking at my twin who stumbled back up and shook his head.

"Are you ok?" I asked him as he brushed himself off