𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕

Shadows and tall trees

Simon just got back, as for Ralph and the hunters kept searching

Simon just got back, as for Ralph and the hunters kept searching. Y/n was sitting on the dirt in the jungle, her back leaning against a big rock, while plucking petals from the flowers she grabbed. Plucked each individual petal and place them on one leg. Again, she hummed the same tune from her mother. Her h/c ette baby hairs flapped in the rhythm with the wind.
It was still dark out but the stars shine so bright that it lit up the jungle, it made everything visible to Y/n.

An oink appeared close by. A pig had her snout to the ground, sniffing something like she were dog.
Y/n smiled. She got on her hands and knees.
The pig passed by, giving her a chance to care-fully pick her up and lay her on her lap. She used the rest of the un-pluck flowers to make a mini flower crown for the pig. She kept looking down at the animal then back at the crown. The pig looked to be smiling and happily laying on her lap. She did raised her head a few times, but Y/n kept pushing it down.
She eventually finishes and put the crown on top of the pig's head. The pig snort.
Y/n chuckled.
"I think Ima call you...Dorothea!"
Y/n felt her hands sticky in sweat, she was sweating honestly. It felt like the heat kept getting worse and worst. She lift up the pig, looking at her into her tiny black eyes.
"How 'bout we take a swim? I promise i'll let you go back to wherever you were going."
Y/n hugged the pig, and held her like that, while leaping down to the beach.

She stopped and started in front of the water then turn to the direction of the shelters. It was a little close by. But the boys didn't seem to pay any attention to the pool, so Y/n put Dorothea down and stripped off her clothes, leaving her undergarments on.
She picked up Dorothea and jumped into the water. Y/n raised her head above the water and lift up Dorothea. The pig was shivering and squealing, she didn't like water, but Y/n continue to swim with Dorothea's complaining squeals.
After a long minutes of swimming, Y/n got out and quickly put her clothes back on.
She ran back to the Jungle with her soaked self and Dorothea in her arms.
She lets Dorothea free out of her grasp and follow ed her around.
Dorothea led her deep into the trees and bushes and there, were baby piglets.
Y/n's eyes sparkled and her mouth, wide-open.
The piglets were small and slept peacefully on the grass, some had the same color, just like Dorothea, some are different colors and have patterns. Dorothea crawled to her young babies,
laying her snout on each of their little heads, like if she were sniffing them. Y/n still in awe, laid down on her stomach and rest her chin on her arms. Y/n smiled at the mother.

Simon came into the Jungle for another walk-through, till he spotted Y/n, while passing by.
He stares at the young girl smiling at the mother pig with her young piglets. Simon already knew what it would be like for her, but knows one tragic thing that could come. He frowns at that the thought. Y/n is the important thing every
boy on the island needs, especially the littluns.
She's always there, when they needed her the most. His clothes, already dirty and been torn, which are now rags. Her school uniform is the same too. 
"Uh! I'm hungry" she got up. Simon took a step back.
"I'm going eat. I hope you and your family, will be doing good." Then walked off.

Y/n grabbed dozens of fruits, too much that some on the top fell to the ground. She groaned in annoyance and just dropped all the fruits on the ground. She Sighed and sinked down on her knees. She takes back her stupid attitude she just had. it wasn't really big of a deal, just pick up the fruits or better just eat what you already have, and that's what she did. She grabbed a fruit and took a bite.

Ralph and the hunters went up to the mountains, as they pass through trees. They made it half then stopped. Ralph looked back at them.
"We'll go to the beach. We can go to the top tomorrow."
"You feel frightened, of course" Jack teased.
I wrestled else he had to go up there. He feels like a bad leader for being a coward. it is not just that he feels challenged by Jack.
"All right, then who wants to go now?"
No one says anything, they stood silent. A few of them gave each other glasses.
"You see!" Ralph looked at Jack
"I'm going to climb the mountain to look for the beast." Jack looked at Ralph "Now, coming?"
"I don't mind"
"If you don't mind, of course"
"Not at all"
The two began to walk up but Ralph froze and looked at the hunters.
"I think it's silly. Only two of us are going. if we meet anything on the other side to won't be enough."
Then Roger came up. His expression was empty and his eyes rolled to the side.
"All right, come along Roger"
The three boys walked up the mountain as the rest of the hunters waited.

They grabbed on to the hard surface of the mountain to climb.
"If you don't want to go on, I'll go on myself" Jack told Ralph.
"Go on then,  I'll wait here"
Jack continued on. They did this, meanwhile the littluns and Piggy wait at the shelters. Ralph and Roger waited for Jack to get back. Roger banged the rocks out of boredom with the spear. Ralph grabbed it to make him stop.
"Shut up" he whispered.
Jack came back, ran down the mountain.
"I saw a thing on top of there. there was a noise too."
The three climbed up, Ralph and Roger's ripped rags blowing in the air. They herd the noise. The boys got close to each other, where Jack's mouth was on Roger's ear. The boys squint their eyes to get a close look of their figure. And—there—it—was, a figure. The boys scream of fear and ran back. It was a parachuter, but they were dead.
The three and the hunters went back to the shelters.

Y/n was peacefully, sleeping and dreaming about being back home to her parents and grandfather.
Even dreamt about getting cleaned. Landing back home, hugging her family, and getting a warm bath and actually having a nice meal. But in a scene of her at the dinner table, a light appeared.
At first, she thought it was a lamp that hangs from the ceiling, but it was too bright to be. It blinded her and can't even see the atmosphere of her home.
"You are need" a voice spoke from it. it was soft in a whisper tone.
"You are needed, you are needed, you are needed."
It repeated again and again till she felt like something pull her from behind. She woke up startled from her slumber. Simon had his hand on her shoulder. He was there to wake her up by shaking her a bit and try not to scare her, but that's what he ended up doing.
"I'm sorry" he felt guilty, scaring the poor girl out of her dream.
Y/n rubbed both of her eyes with one hand.
"Ralph wants everyone at the beach for the meeting, he told me to fetch you."
Y/n was tired, but also confused. He really wanted her at the meeting? Yeah, she's been in it before but she's pretty distant from them, such as right now, do you think the raffle bother of sending someone together to listen whatever he had to say. Back at home boys wouldn't even care for her or even acknowledge her because she's a girl.
Simon helped Y/n up and led to the beach, while holding her hand.

(Art not mine)