Chapter 1: What Time Is It

The rest of the school year had gone by in the blink of an eye. Everyone had made new friendships and relationships. They'd accomplished new things that they'd never thought they would do. And now it was the long awaited last day of school. It was down to the last few minutes, in fact. Every student was greatly anticipating the end of the school day. Especially in Miss Mendeleiev's homeroom.

"You must remember, young thespians, learning is never seasonal." The drama teacher lectured. "So, do allow the shimmering lights of summer to refresh and illuminate your fertile young minds."

The whole class was on the edge of slumber, especially Kim who was sitting on a stool next to the teacher with a pointy dunce hat on. He'd clearly done or said something to irk the woman.

As Nino's focus drifted back to the lecture, he had a confused expression etched onto his face. "Dude, what's she talking about?" He whispered to someone beside him. Adrien, who sat in front of him, looked like he was starting to get bored out of his mind.

"The future greets you with its magic mirror. Reflecting each golden moment..."

Out of curiosity, Adrien turns around to peek at his girlfriend, Marinette. When she saw him, she gave him an understanding smile. Like the rest of the class, she was also kind of restless. His eyes rested on her for just a bit longer. In the past few months, Marinette's had grown a little past her shoulders. This gave her pigtails a very slight curl to the ends. She was wearing a pink button down sleeveless blouse with white capris and pink flats. Adrien returned her loving smile before turning back to the front of the classroom.

"...each emboldened choice." Miss Mendeleiev carried on, boasting her voice throughout the classroom.

Adrien slightly turned his head to whisper to Nino. "Man, Miss Mendeleiev's really getting into this." He whispered to him.

Nino rested his chin in his hand. "Dude, you're actually listening?" He was quick to make fun of him.

Ivan hesitantly started to raise his hand before the teacher called on him. "So, what was your favorite summer memory, Miss Mendeleiev?"

The rest of the class groaned at him for giving her an excuse to talk even more.

"Now quiet down all of you. To answer your question, Ivan: Summers have passed fleetingly since I was your age. But I remember each with poignant clarity.

Through Miss Mendeleiev's ramblings, most of the students had managed to tune out the woman to intently listen to the ticking of the clock.

Nino suddenly perked as the seconds grew closer. He tapped Adrien to get his attention. "Summer..." He whispered excitedly.

"Summer." Mylène who sat beside them eagerly started to join the chant.

Adrien just looked around at them, not knowing what was happening. Juleka, who was on the other side of him, hesitantly started to join. "Summer."

Soon, Marinette had joined, followed by Alya and the rest of the classroom. "Summer."

"Summer."

"Summer."

"Summer."

"Summer!"

"Summer!!"

"Summer!!!"

The chant gradually started getting louder and louder until the bell finally rang. Everyone shot up out of their seats throwing papers into the air. All except Adrien who just got startled by everyone. However, he was quick to feel the excitement that was in the air.

"Come on."

A jazzy beat could be heard throughout the entire school, and Nino was the first to pick up on it when he tossed his hands in the air.