Chapter 8: Bet On It

The next morning, Adrien walks into the kitchen to get his breakfast. He wore a black polo shirt and jeans. Everybody was minding their own business talking to each other until they noticed him. Of course, Adrien felt quite uncomfortable knowing that he was the odd person out and that no one wanted to talk to him. Honestly, he didn't blame them.

He grabbed a plate and approached Kim, who simply gave him his food without a second glance. He walked over to Nathan's station to get some more food and got the exact same treatment. When he went to eat at the center counter, Juleka, Ivan, and Nino were already there. However, Nino and Ivan immediately left when he sat down.

Juleka didn't feel the same resentment so she gave him a sympathetic smile. Then she slid over the flier that informed everyone that no employees were allowed in the show. Adrien curiously took it and read over it. When he realized what had been done, he looked to Juleka for an explanation.

The shy girl only shook her head at him.

Adrien's emotions were suddenly pushed over the edge as he crumpled the paper and left.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Adrien stomped up the hill of the golf course with everything weighing down on his mind.

"Everybody's always talking at me," He sang as he reached the top.

"Everybody's trying to get in my head."

"I wanna listen to my own heart talking,"

"I need to count on myself instead."

"(Did you ever?)"

"Lose yourself to get what you want?" He questions himself.

"(Did you ever?)"

"Get on a ride, then wanna get off?" He asks as runs down the course.

"(Did you ever?)"

"Push away the one's you shoulda held close?" He sings, pushing his arms out around him.

"Did you ever let go?"

"Did you ever not know?"

"I'm not gonna stop," He declares as he marches across the grass.

"That's who I am."

"I'll give it all I got,"

"That is my plan."

"When I find what I lost,"

"You know you can," Adrien points forward.

"Bet on it, bet on it,"

"Bet on it, bet on it."

"I wanna make it right,"

"That is the way."

"To turn my life around,"

"Today is the day." He decides as he spins onto his knees.

"Am I the type of guy," He spreads his arms, gesturing dramatically.

"Who means what I say,"

"Bet on it, bet on it," He stands rocking his fist to the beat.

"Bet on it, bet on it."

"How will I know if there's a path worth taking?"

"Should I question every move I make?" He asks, glancing down at his feet.