Chapter 2: Fabulous

On the road to the famous country club, Chloe drove proudly in her new banana yellow convertible. She pumped up the volume of her radio to listen to a trending summer pop song. Along with her was Sabrina in the passenger seat who was also excited about the summer ahead of them.

Chloe followed the curves of the road, driving faster than she really should've been. She didn't slow down until she arrived at the circle drive of her family's country club. The valet and other employees waited outside. They all rushed to get their luggage and escort them out of the car.

"Miss Bourgeois, welcome back." The employee greeted her respectfully when he opened the door for her.

Chloe hardly acknowledged the man when she stepped out of the car. She let out a breath of relief. "Oh, it's a pleasure to be back."

She stepped around the car and met Sabrina who was also being escorted out the car. Even though she wasn't really anyone of high standing, she was treated almost as well as Chloe since she was so close to her.

"Oh, and find some shade for my car!" Chloe demanded out loud.

"Of course, Mademoiselle, even if we must plant a tree." Monsieur Jean told her happily as he greeted her at the front doors. "And may I say, welcome back."

Chloe pompously smiles to herself. "It's great to be home." She says more to herself before strutting inside. Sabrina and Jean quickly followed her inside.

"Are the flyers ready?" Chloe questioned as she approached the counter where flyers for the talent show rested.

Monsieur Jean quickly picked up one of the flyers to showcase it to her. "Now, this year we've embossed the flyers for the show."

Chloe hummed to herself as she inspected them. After a while she seemed like she approved of them. "Perfect." She told him as he set the paper down.

She grabbed a marker from the desk and started signing each of them. "Oh, and this year we need to limit the member talent auditions to thirty seconds each. We don't have time for amateur performers."

"I understand perfectly, mademoiselle." Jean obliged her.

Chloe set the marker down and took hold of the trophy sitting on the counter that would potentially be hers. "And should I be so fortunate to win the star dazzle award, again..." She began excitedly as she marched over to their large trophy case with it. She was quite irked when she realized that there would be no more space for another trophy, seeing as how the shelves were filled with trophies.

"Where exactly would we put it, Jean-Jacques?" Chloe criticized. "This trophy case should've already been expanded months ago!"

The man started to sweat. "Uh... I'm working on it as we speak, mademoiselle. The plans for it are in my office."

"Well see to it that it gets done fast!" She ordered before changing the subject. "Now, about the staffing matter we discussed..." She inquired.

The man perked up at the subject. "Yes, that's already been taken care of with discretion." He told her proudly.

A smile had graced Chloe's face again. "Fabulous." She responded before she left the lobby.

~~~~~~~~~

A few moments later, Chloe sauntered out to the pool for some relaxation time. She proudly walked out in her white designer one-piece swimsuit. She paired it off with a bright yellow shaul, white sun hat, heels, and sunglasses. Of course she couldn't forget her diamond-studded 'C' shaped necklace. Sabrina followed behind her with a light yellow one-piece and a sheer white beach skirt.