Chapter 4: You Are the Music in Me

The next day, Adrien and Marinette walked in the kitchen hand in hand, ready to clock in for work. Adrien opted for a black t-shirt that had dark green edges along with jeans this time while Marinette was wearing a ladybug printed summer dress that she'd made. They greeted everybody that they walked past as they made their way to the break area.

As soon as they swiped their cards, they both heard distant piano playing in another room. They shared a curious expression before they decided to check it out.

In the small private room, Juleka was playing away at her piano and singing to herself. "Na na na na, na na na na, yeah. You are the music in me."

"That sounds good, Juleka." Marinette encouraged her as she and Adrien entered the room. Juleka had been temporarily startled by the intrusion, but slowly relaxed when she realized that it was them.

"Oh, thanks." She responded kindly. "I probably should be getting ready for the ladies luncheon though. I'm kind of dreading it. It's gonna be so boring." She mumbled to them.

Both of them sympathized with her.

"But I'm really excited about the club's talent show. The employee's even get to do a number, and I had so many ideas for everyone. You guys can sing the lead, maybe Kim and Nino could do backup, and everyone could dance."

Adrien and Marinette gave each other an uneasy expression. "Uh, about that..." Adrien began. "You see, this morning my father contacted me and told me that he's arranging for me to sing with Chloe. As usual, he's not really giving me a choice about that. So, I most likely won't be able to be in your show." He dismissed as he wandered further away from the piano.

Marinette tried not to let the reminder of the news get her down. Instead, she decided that she would humor Juleka. "What were you playing just now?"

Juleka quickly handed her the sheet music that was in front of her. "I was thinking, if you do the show, that I wanted to be ready. I wrote this for you guys." She admitted.

Marinette set the sheet music back on the stand after looking through it. "Well, let's hear it." She suggested to her.

Juleka gently started to play the melody and started singing. "Na na na na, na na na na, yeah."

"You are the music in me."

"You know the words once upon a time,"

"Make you listen."

"There's a reason."

"When you dream there's a chance you'll find," Marinette softly started to join in the song which suddenly piqued Adrien's curiosity as he came closer.

"A little laughter,"

"Or happy ever after." Marinette gazed over her shoulder at Adrien who stood next to her glancing between her and the sheet music.

"Your harmony," Adrien joins Marinette in song as Juleka lets them take over.

"To the melody,"

"It's echoing inside my head."

"A single voice, (single voice)." Adrien echoes after her.

"Above the noise,"

"And like a common thread," They finish as they look into each other's eyes.

"Mmm, you're pulling me."

When the song picks up, Adrien drifts over to the other side of Juleka, still gazing at Marinette.