Chapter 9: Everyday

Night had fallen and everyone who was supposed to be there had gathered for the show. Monsieur Jean stepped onto the stage ready to announce the first performer. The stage had been redecorated with a cloudy sky backdrop. "And now returning with an abridged version of last years tap-dancing epic, Kelly and her tippety tappety toes!" He made way for the woman to start her act.

Backstage, Chloe was changed into her sparkly blue luau dress. She was desperately touching up her makeup at her mirror. Sabrina had soon entered the room, pulling back the curtain that blocked the room.

Chloe hardly glanced at her through the mirror. "Oh, now you show up. I've been waiting for you. Make yourself useful and plug in the volcano. Humu Humu is back on."

"Enjoy your pineapple on your own, Chloe." Sabrina told her with her arms folded. "I'm not doing the show."

Chloe whipped her head around to glare at her. "Get over here now, and stop messing around."

"I'm serious, Chloe." She reiterated. "And anyways, I don't know what you're so upset about. You've always wanted the spotlight for yourself, and now you have it. Break a leg." She told her snidely before she left.

Monsieur Jean then stepped into the room happily. "The curtain is up, mademoiselle. It's showtime!"

The man was suddenly terrified when Chloe got up to roar in his face and close the dressing room curtain.

~~~~~~~~~~

Adrien was changed back into his waiter uniform. When he walked back into the kitchen, he was met with all of his friends silently staring back at him. After a few seconds of silence, Nino had slowly approached him. "Juleka told us what happened between you and Chloe earlier."

"I'm more interested in what happened between you and me." Adrien mentioned apologetically. "I was a jerk."

"Yeah," Nino simply agreed.

"But, hey, brothers fight, right?" Adrien suggested.

"And they're still brothers..." Nino finished as forward to give his best bro a hug.

All of their friends cheered at the sight of the two making up. When they pulled apart, Adrien addressed everyone. "You guys, I'm really sorry for messing up your show."

"Yeah, cause show business is our entire lives, right?" Kim joked before everyone gave Adrien a group hug.

When they separated, Adrien happened to catch sight of Vince, the guy who had taken his spot in Knightowl basketball playing after work. "I hope you haven't permanently filled my spot in the 2-on-2 game." He jested before turning to someone else in the group.

"And Sabrina, I know how hard you must have worked on the show." He acknowledged as Sabrina was slightly caught off guard. "Making the Knightowls look good couldn't have been easy. So, I apologize."

"That's okay." She genuinely responded. "We all had a lot of fun anyways. At least I did. Listen, Adrien, there's a lot of people out there in the audience. And, there's a small part of me that doesn't want to see Chloe crash and burn. I think you should sing with her."

~~~~~~~~~~~

Chloe sobbed and boo-hooed as she sat in front of her vanity mirror. "What did I do wrong? I didn't do anything. I've never lied, only when I needed to. This isn't fair. This is utterly ridiculous." She sobbed a little louder.

"You must get out there." Monsieur Jean urged her. "XY is out there stinking up the premises with his beating of the box!"

"Who cares!" She shouted at him causing him to momentarily leave the room.