Chapter 5. Clouds .wip

Beechpaw jumped onto the pheasant's back before it could react and pinned it down with a couple struggles. He was able to bite into the bird's skinny neck, holding it so tight that you could think his life depends on it. It's actually true in a way. This bird looked well-fed and young, and it's size was shocking. He could feed the entire clan with it!

Beechpaw held it with the last drops of his energy.

I can't hold it anymore.

Beechpaw was about to start panicking, but luckily Briarfur had just enough time to catch up and bounce on the pheasant to hold it down with her weight. Sure, she wasn't as heavy, but the pheasant already seemed too exhausted from trying to wriggle out of Beechpaw's jaws.

It became much easier for him to hold the bird once Briarfur joined.

We're actually going to make it?
Thank you, StarClan!

The pheasants loud screaming started getting quiet, before dissapearing completely.

But Beechpaw held into it's neck for a couple more heartbeats anyway. Who knows, maybe it's tricking him?

"You did it, Beechpaw!"
Briarfur praised him as she carefully walked off the pheasant's corpse and licked his ear.

Beechpaw's jaws were numb once he let go of the pheasant's neck. He spit out a few feathers before looking down at the body of his prey.

I can't believe...we really did it...

Despite the fact that cats have never succeeded to hunt down a whole pheasant, Beechpaw and Briarfur did it.

Even despite their ribs peeking out from their pelts, they were still able to hunt it down.

It was as if StarClan cats themselves came down from the sky and chased the bird along with Beechpaw and his mentor to help save ShadoClan.

Beechpaw collapsed on the ground, not daring to move at all.

"Our clan might be saved now. I can already see the faces of everyone when they see us carrying this beast bird!" Briarfur mewed happily as she sat next to Beechpaw and started grooming her spotted pelt.

"Yeah.. but let's rest before going. You look like your limbs will fall off." Beechpaw mumbled, his head still on the cold, seeded with pine needles soil.

"Welp, you look no better." Briarfur quietly chuckled.