Deep Thoughts, and Erza (10)

Wendy sat on the single chair by the window and thought. Lucy was still to weak to stand, and the little fox girl was refusing to leave her side. Natsu had yet to wake up. The sleeping spell the fox girl had cast on him had originally been Wendy's but with the child's magic, Wendy did not know how much it had been changed, so it was impossible to guess when Natsu would wake up. The girl's power was inconceivable. Normally, copying magic was very limited. At times the copy could be magnified twice fold but it was unheard of for the entire spell to change so drastically. The fire at the guild had been the first time she had used her magic.

According to what Lucy-san had told her earlier, her magic had gone out of control, which made sense considering how young she was. Any wizard of that age could not be very adept at using magic, much less something of that scale.

Wendy glanced towards Lucy who had sat up in bed and was playing with the little fox girl, stroking her ears and fluffing her tail.

"Lucy-san, how are you feeling?"

"Hmm?" Lucy glanced up from the fox girl and smiled. "Much better, I think I can walk again."

"You should get changed before the others come." Wendy said, with a meaningful and slightly envious look towards Lucy's top.

"Eh? Yes, I should." Lucy said, embarrassed. At that moment a splintering crash sounded from the other room as well as a yell of surprise. The door to Lucy's bedroom burst open and Gray fell though, accompanied by Erza, who stepped over him.

"Oy! Wendy! Why is the flamebrain unconscious and blocking the hall?!"

A sigh came from the hall as a small white winged cat flew through the door.

"Don't you think you should be worried about him before getting mad, Gray?" With a relieved grin Wendy lept to her feet and rushed to embrace her.

"Carla!"

"Wendy! Are you alright, we were worried when we got your message lacrima." Carla asked worriedly.

"Yes, I'm fine, but I have lots I need to tell everyone!" Wendy said.

"So tell." Gray said looking around the room, his eyes landed on Lucy. "Ah, Lucy, how are you doing? Feeling bet-" Lucy hadn't quite gotten around to changing yet. So she was still dressed only in the scorched scraps of her clothes.

Gray's face turned beet red and his head began to steam, right before Erza gave him a solid whack to the back of his head. He collapsed a thin line of crimson trickling from his nose. Slinging him over her shoulder Erza deposited him outside next to Natsu, upon returning she locked the door. To prevent further 'mishaps'.

"Lucy." Lucy jumped,

"Ah! Yes! What is it Erza?" Erza took a step forward, a menacing aura clouding around her.

"You're still to weak to walk Lucy?"

"Ah, no. I can walk." Lucy said

"You're still to weak to walk, Lucy." Erza said, somehow not making sound like a question this time.

"Ah... Yes..." Lucy said, melting a little under Erza's unrelenting glare.

"So you'll need clothes right?"

"Yeah..."

"Wonderful."

"..."

By the time Natsu and Gray woke up in the hall, screams, belonging to Lucy, Wendy, and Carla, had been resounding inside Lucy's room for quite awhile. Both of them, fearing Erza's wrath, were content to wait outside a cautious distance from the door, for Erza to call them in.

P.S Check out my new story, 'April Tears, May Flowers'