Chapter 1

Halloween

Leyla was ready with her nurse costume sitting on the couch, waiting for her friend Maia.

She was supposed to pick Leyla up before 12am to go to a Halloween party in town. But it was after midnight and Maia still hadn't shown up. Leyla sighed, leaning her head on the back of the couch. At that moment she heard the phone ringing so she stretched out her arm to grab it and bring it to her ear.

"Hello," she said.

"Lele girl, I'm sorry I won't be able to go. My mom  gone and I'm have to take care of Jack."

"Maia, you have to be fucking kidding me. We've been planning this outing for days."

"I know hoe. I'm sorry, okay? But I can't take my 8 year old brother to a party lele" Maia said laughing.

Leyla laughed too. "Take him that kid is a fucker, he'll be just right. Remember the day he told us his dream was to be surrounded by whores?"

Maia started laughing at the memory of the conversation they had had with her little brother. "He's a son of a bitch."

"Okay, Mai. I'm mad at you," the girl said in amusement. "I'll get out of this fucking costume and go to sleep."

"Okay, girl. Say hi to your horny daddy for me."

"Shut up. Bye, I love you"

"I love you lele."

Leyla hung up the phone, sighing. She could go to the party but she didn't want to go alone. Today she had chosen a sexier costume than usual, the party would be attended by the boy she liked so she was more excited than ever.

She took off her heels and walked to the kitchen to get something to eat. She bent down to see what was in the fridge, and found an Oreo ice cream that belonged to her dad. She knew he would be mad if she ate his favorite dessert, but she didn't care.
She sat down at the kitchen island, taking the wrapper off the ice cream and starting to eat it.

She heard the front door open and rolled her eyes at the thought that her father was already home. He appeared through the kitchen door.

"Lele I thought you were partying today" he said.

"Yeah but Maia canceled me."

"Why?"

"She had to take care of her brother."

Richard walked over to her side to take the ice cream out of her hand. "This is mine."

"It was in the fridge, it belongs to both of us."

"No."

"Whatever. How did your date go, Dad?"

"It wasn't a date. It was dinner with coworkers."

"Monica sure was, that bitch love your.." Richard put his hand over Leyla's mouth shutting her up before she finished her sentence, which was sure to bring a grotesque comment at the end. She ran her tongue across the palm of his hand, causing him to quickly remove it and look at her in disgust to which she just smiled.

"Lele you have to watch your language more."

" papa please don't be dramatic with it. You are the first one to say curse words."

"Yes, but you are a lady."

She laughed and took the ice cream from Richard's hands again. He went to the fridge to get a can of Pepsi. Leyla turned her eyes to him, to watch him, noticing how well he looked in that dark blue shirt and black jeans. "You look good in that shirt, Richie."