Chapter 3

January 2013

Leyla looked straight ahead, her face in the mirror."It's all right " she said in a whisper to herself, trying to relax.

"Leyla," Logan said from outside the bathroom. "I'm leaving now. I need to use the bathroom."

"Give me a minute" Leyla washed her hands and also her face so she could freshen up a bit. She opened the bathroom door after cleaning everything, not wanting to leave anything suspicious.

"Woman, for two hours you were in there" Logan commented rolling his eyes. He walked into the bathroom and closed the door.

"Mommy" said Mia approaching Leyla. "I'm bored" she pouted as she wrapped her arms around her mother's legs.

"Do you want to go visit grandpa?"

Mia nodded at her mother's question. "I'll bring my toys."

"Okay. Go get your backpack ready" Leyla gave her a little push on her back and Mia went to her room. Leyla turned at the sound of the bathroom door and saw Logan come out through it. "Maybe I'll sleep over at my dad's today."

Logan looked at her and nodded without saying anything. "He's not your dad Leyla" he commented with a wry chuckle. Leyla had never heard him say a comment like that before. It was the first time and at a certain point, it had surprised her.

"Why did you say that?" she asked.

"No reason... I'm leaving now." He took his backpack in which he carried all his work stuff and left the house, without giving Leyla time to say goodbye.

Weird, Leyla thought. The idea that Logan knew something about what had happened with Richard crossed her mind. But on the other hand, if he knew it was because Richard had told him, otherwise there would be no way for someone else to find out.

She tried not to think too much about it, and went up to her room to put some things away in her bag, since they would be staying with Mia to sleep in the house she had grown up in.

♡♡♡

Mia gave Richard a tight hug when he opened the door. "Richi" she said hugging Richard's neck as he took her in arms.

"Hello my baby" he said rocking her back and forth. He put Mia on the floor and she ran into the house.

Leyla came over to give Richard a hug as well. "Hello mi amor" he whispered in her ear just for her to hear.

"How are you?" Leyla asked breaking the hug.

"Fine, sweetheart. Just a little tired but good, I get tired a lot faster."

Leyla looked at him somewhat sadly. "We came to stay with you tonight" She said changing the subject of the conversation.

"Really? How nice, I was already feeling very lonely here."

"Do you have anything to eat? I'm starving" Leyla commented.

"Why so hungry?" Richard asked, following her into the kitchen.

"I don't know. I did get hungry on the way over here".

"I have something you might really like" he said with a double meaning.

Leyla looked at him understanding his comment. "Don't start" She looked in the fridge and found a piece of cake. "You had a birthday here and you didn't invite me?" she asked looking at him with the cake in her hands.