Extra 2

Leyla's POV

It had been a few months since I had seen Richard. He had gone away for the summer to visit his family in Texas, and during all that time I hadn't seen or talked to him.

It was as if our relationship had ended. I thought it was odd that he didn't try to contact me, but maybe he was waiting for me to make the first move, while I was waiting for him to do it.

I need to talk to him about something quite important. I gave a sigh and knocked twice on his door waiting for him to open. I knew he was already home because some time before he left for Texas, he told me approximately when he would be back.

It didn't take long before the door opened, I looked at him with a smile as he looked me up and down. "Hi" I whispered and walked over to his body to give him a hug. I thought he would greet me with more emotion but he just hugged me like a friend.

"Hi" he said pulling away from me. "What are you doing here?" he asked.

"I came to say hi, is that wrong?" I asked. He closed the door once I got inside the house.

"No but you haven't bothered to greet me for months and now you show up like it's nothing" he replied.

"Is that a reproach? You haven't called me either."

"I have, Leyla... several times," he said, turning to go to the kitchen.

"Don't lie, I haven't received a single call."

"Well yes I did call you, but last time I got an answer from that idiot boyfriend of yours and I just cut the call short" he said turning back to cut some vegetables.

"Logan didn't tell me anything" I replied with a frown. "When did you get here?" I asked.

"Yesterday afternoon. I've slept since then, it's a long drive" I nodded. I didn't know whether to ask him something because the atmosphere was a bit tense.

"I ask you again, why did you come? I don't think it's just to say hello" He asked without stopping what was doing.

I sat on one of the chairs at the kitchen island while playing with my hands. I was nervous to tell him what I wanted to say, because I knew I might screw up hard this time. "I..." said nervously.

"You what?" asked Richard. Seeing that I didn't emit an answer, he put the knife aside and looked at me giving a heavy sigh. "What is it now Leyla?"

"I'm pregnant" I said as I looked down at my hands, afraid to look up and look at Richard.

Richard was looking in my direction but it seemed he wasn't looking at me, as he didn't show any expression. "How many months?" he asked.

"Two" I answered almost in a whisper. Surely he was asking to make sure the baby wasn't his. But the last time had been together was that stormy day on the living room floor, and it had been more than two months since that moment.

He nodded his head making this very particular gesture of his of pressing his lips inward. "Congratulations," he said going back to chopping vegetables as if what I had told him, meant nothing.