Chapter 2

Part 2

2012

"Helloo" Leyla said opening the apartment door so Richard could come in.

"Hi sweetie" Richard left a kiss on Leyla's cheek and walked into her apartment. He looked all around, seeing how neat and clean everything was.

"What do you think?" Leyla asked.

"It's very nice Lele I congratulate you."

"Thank you. We didn't know if we should buy a house or an apartment" commented Leyla as Richard looked at her. "But for the three of us, a house would be too big, here is more comfortable."

"Well this place is pretty big, it looks like a house."

"That's true" laughed Leyla. "Come on in, dad. Sit if you want on the sofa, give me your jacket."

Richard took off his leather jacket giving it to her, being November the weather was quite cold.

"Would you like a tea, coffee or coke?"

"Umm coke"

"I knew it" Liat disappeared through the kitchen door, leaving Richard alone in the living room. He looked around and found some pictures on the wall. "Here" Liat said distracting him from his thoughts and handing him the glass with the soda. She sat down next to him on the couch, "It's been so long, I thought you forgot about me."

"No honey, I just went to Arizona for a few months."

"With Uncle Robert?" Richard nodded. "Mia was asking about you. And grandpa when is he coming? When will I see grandpa? And more questions, I was tired already."

"I've missed her. Has she grown a lot in these months?"

"Yes. She started Kindergarten last month, she's a good girl, now Logan went for her in a little while they'll be here."

Richard's blood boiled when he heard his name. "And how is he treating you?"

"Good... he's a good guy and a good dad" Liat brought her eyes to his profile. "And you, how's life?"

Richard looked at her. "Good, not as much fun as when you lived at home."

Leyla smiled. "I miss living with you to be honest, I had fun with you too...and a lot."

They both looked at the front door as they saw Logan walk in with Mia in his arms. "Mommy" she said wiggling in her father's arms for Logan to put her down, when She succeeded She went running over to Leyla for her to take her in his arms.

"Hi baby. I missed you, look who came to visit" Mia brought her eyes to Who the visitor was and immediately her face lit up with a smile.

"Grandpa Richi" she said walking over to him to climb on his lap and give him a hug. "I missed you"

"Me too beautiful" Richard left a kiss on her hair.

"How are you Richard?" asked Logan.

"Hey man, good and you?" he asked shaking his hand.

"Fine" Logan said not giving it much attention and going to the kitchen. Asshole, thought Richard.

"Richi I made a drawing for you" said Mia going to her backpack and looking for a drawing. "Look" she said showing it to him.

"How nice Mia it's a..." Richard stopped himself before speaking as he didn't understand exactly what the drawing was.

"It's a dog" she said. "Do you like it?"