Shadow of Honesty - Fifth Year

Ominis POV

Ominis had left Anne in Feldcroft, rushing to find Sebastian. The worst had occurred and he was acting on pure adrenaline. He had found her there, bawling over her uncles body, not making any sense. The one word he did get out of it was Sebastian.

It all came crashing down on him in one huge realisation and he choked down bile. And he had ran. His heart was racing - what was going to happen to Sebastian? Where was he? He had killed his only remaining family member, why would he do that? What happened in the catacomb to make his friend use the killing curse on someone. Questions filled up his head until he could think of anything other than following the tug of his wand. It had tugged him towards the undercroft, where he barged in and found Sebastian, assumed he was sitting on the floor- because his quiet voice came from below Ominis' level.

"Ominis," he said, weakly. It sounded like he was sitting on a crate, it moved with his body on the stone ground. He must've had his head in his hands, because his voice was muffled and quiet.

"Sebastian," Ominis breathed, feeling for his friends hand, which he found and Sebastian took it willingly. "What happened!?"

"It all happened so quickly!" Sebastian said, his voice wet. "I don't know, he just started attacking us and destroyed the relic so I started attacking him back-"

"It was self defence!?" Ominis cried, somewhat relieved.

Sebastian was silent.

"Sebastian," Ominis said, quietly. "It was self defence?"

"Not really," Sebastian admitted. "I could've used any spell against him. I mean - I had used every spell against him. He tried to use crucio on Y/N-"

Ominis braced at the word.

"And then he told me that Anne would never be cured and I said no, not with you. And then I did it. And he just fell - just fell right onto the ground. And ominis-" Sebastian was almost crying now. Ominis rubbed his back with his free hand. "Ominis - Anne looked at me like she didn't even know me. She left, with his body. And, and I don't know what happened to them after that."

"Your sister just buried your uncle in Feldcroft," Ominis started. "Alone. I can't believe this has happened."

Ominis hadn't noticed Y/N's presence at the door to the undercroft.

"Y/N," Sebastian said, and Ominis turned around.

"Sebastian," she replied, shell shocked and with nothing else to say. The three stood there for a good three minutes without saying anything to one another, terrified that something would happen to Sebastian, and terrified it wouldn't.

"Sebastian," Ominis said, bracing himself for a reaction. "Anne won't be able to bear the thought of turning you in, but she's said -"

"Turning me in?" Sebastian hissed, fear lacing his voice. "Turn me in? How- why. Oh." Ominis felt him sigh and hiccup at the same time.

"I'll leave you to think, Sebastian," Ominis said finally, and Sebastian got up and he heard his footsteps head towards the other side of the undercroft. He heard Sebastian collapse there and not another word arose from him.

"Ominis," Y/N whispered, walking up to him and he felt her presence next to him. He looked at the ground.

"Poor Sebastian," he breathed, shaking his head and wringing his hands together. "I don't want to turn Sebastian in, Y/N, but I don't think we have a choice."

Y/N thought for a minute. "It's such a hard thing to take in," she said finally. "I don't know how I feel about anything anymore. The situation is surreal. We do have a choice though. If we turn him in, he goes to Azkaban. If we don't, he doesn't."

"He has to pay somehow for what he's done," Ominis started, feeling terrible. "I don't want him to go to Azkaban, but you can't murder somebody and get away with it. Someone will find out. And it will be so much worse, if we don't tell someone straight away."

"Someone is going to realise that he's gone," Y/N confirmed. "More sooner than later. We need to tell someone."

"I can't believe he did this," Ominis said again. He couldn't believe it, couldn't wrap his head around it.

"Leave it with me," Ominis ended up saying. He could feel bile rising up in his gut and he needed some air. Y/N didn't say a word, let him leave.

Sebastian POV

Sebastian hadn't heard Y/N walk up to him. His heart was still beating in his ears. He looked straight ahead, into the abyss, trying not to think or feel.

"Sebastian?" Y/N asked.

"Did you hear that?" Sebastian said, not looking up. "Turn me in? You know I had to do that - you know that it was necessary."

Y/N didn't say anything and Sebastian could feel himself losing it.

"Y/N," He said, sharply. "You know I had to do that."

He wasn't expecting it, but he felt her hand land in his hair, massaging his scalp.

He started to say her name but it died in his mouth and he continued to stare straight ahead.

"Sebastian," she said to him, and he could feel her breath falter - "I don't know what's going to happen from here but I have to tell you -"

"Don't tell me anything," he rasped, his breath started to come in short gasps. His heart was pounding in his chest and his lungs were tight. Sweat coated his body in a thin sheet.

"Sebastian," she knelt down in front of his face, wiping away what were apparently tears on his face. He could keep track of what was going on, the walls of the undercroft were swimming around here. He started to feel a little deprived of air.

"Sebastian," she said again, firmly. "Whatever happens, I'll be with you somehow. I love you. Our relationship has been complicated and what you've done is unforgivable but I love you. And I will stand by you. You need to breathe, Sebastian."

He could feel that his face had paled and he felt as though he was going to be sick any minute.

"Are you going - to turn - me in," he managed, running a shaky hand over his forehead.

Y/N breathed in. "I don't know what's going to happen," she tried to find a loophole around his question.

"Y/N," he said, louder. "I'm serious."

"No. Not personally. I don't know what Ominis is doing. Or Anne."

Sebastian let her take him in her arms and they sat together, tangled up, Sebastian's body heaving with gasps as he tried to reach for strangled air, and Y/N's eyes were closed. Together they calmed down and sat there for what felt like hours, not breathing a word. Just hoping that whatever happened next was something they could bear and something that didn't end in Sebastian with a dementors kiss.

Authors Note

More people are starting to read this and that's lowkey scary cause this book sucks so pls do not hate me for that LMAOOOOOOOO I hate this book too I just wanted to write about my boyfriend Ominis.