CHAPTER 10: A Surprise

One of the figures said Ayano's name, it sounded menacing yet familiar. Then the figure lunged at Ayano. Ayano immediately jumped at the sudden movement but it had caught her, her head hit the wall and she was knocked out cold.

She opens her eyes.

"Oh Darling!"

It was Ryoba! Ayano's mother.

Ryoba: Ah! I'm sorry that I knocked you out dear! I didn't mean too!

Ayano was laying down on her bed with Ryoba sitting beside her. She sat upright so she could properly talk with her mother.

Ayano: It's okay.. mother, but may I ask why are you here so early?

Ryoba: Aww I just couldn't help it! I have missed you so much!!

Ryoba hugs her tightly, by her bedroom door it was her father.

Jokichi: Now now Ryoba, you might suffocate our daughter, you had already knocked her out.

Ryoba: Right right.. sorry darling. I JUST can't help it

Ryoba continues to hug Ayano tightly, processing what had just happened Ayano sat there in shock, she thought that they weren't coming back till Christmas, she starts to observe her parents, her father had a colorful party hat on, her mother had a party hat on too.

Jokichi: Dear, you're probably wondering why we're here so early huh?

He chuckles while he scratches the back his head. All Ayano said in response was "yeah.."

Jokichi: Well, why we were at our hotel room your mother complained about how much she misses our home here in Japan and you ofcourse, we tried to surprise you but your mother here got too excited.

Ryoba: Ah! I'm so sorry dear.. I completely ruined the surprise. But! I just couldn't help but miss my daughter.

She stopped hugging Ayano and patted her head.

Ryoba: Dear could you please prepare our meal we brought from our trip.

Jokichi: Ofcourse dear..

When Jokichi left Ryoba stopped patting Ayano's head. Once Jokichi was completely away from them Ryoba began to speak.

Ryoba: Darling.. may I ask you something?

Ryoba's tone of voice sounded sinister, it sent chills down Ayano's spine.

Ayano: O-ofcourse mother..

Ryoba: What... happened to the shrine I made for you? I saw your room and it was no where to be seen.. I work so hard on it.

Ayano's eyes widen as she didn't know what to say. She had destroyed the shrine her mother made when her Beloved Senpai rejected her, she threw it in her backyard and burnt it.

Ayano: I... I sold it.

She had to lie, she didn't want her mother to know that she recked something she worked so hard on.

Ryoba: But why darling?

Ayano: Because I.. I thought it was so beautiful! I-I was so sure someone would want to buy it for a high price..

Ryoba: Oh.. but I worked so hard on it.

Ryoba puts her hand in Ayano's shoulder.

Ryoba: Tell me... how much did it cost? Was it worth it?