Chapter 11: Military Festival

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eshas, Elysia
January 22nd, 2400 / February 10th, 1639
Altaras
Le Brias
Docks
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just as they said they would a delegation of Altaran's were waiting for the Terrans to come and pick them up. 

Minister 1: This is where they said they will meet us right?

Minister 2: I think so.

They wouldn't have to wait much longer to get an answer because they would soon see a strange-looking metal thing flying. 

Taara: So, I suppose the rumors about the Terran's having technology similar to that of Mu was true.

The object was a transport variant of the Pelican dropship. The Pelican would lower itself down as much as it could, but it would not land. The Altaran docks are too weak to hold up a Pelican and they wouldn't be able to withstand the heat generated by its thrusters. So, they hand to hover over the water right next to the dock and open the bay doors. Someone jumped out. 

Terran Soldier: <<I assume you're the delegate that we are supposed to pick up.>>

Taara: Yes, my name is Taara XIV the current King of Altaras.

Terran Soldier: <<Nice to meet you. Now everyone hops aboard. If you have anything heavy, you are bringing we can help you with it. Or if you just need help getting on, we will be happy to help.>>

With that, the delegation got on the Pelican. Once everyone was situated the Pelican closed its doors and took off.

----------------------

After being in the air for a minute or so an attendant came to check in on the delegation. 

Attendant: Hello, I do hope everyone is comfortable.

Lumies: I've never sat in such a comfortable seat!

Attendant: Glad to hear it. Now does anyone want anything to eat or drink?

Lumies: I've heard rumors from merchants that in your country there are these really sweet foods that you will eat from time to time. Can I have one of those?

Attendant: Of course. Does anyone else want anything?

Taara: I'll take some drinks unique to your country.

Attendant: I will see what I can do. Anyone else?

Minister 1: I'm fine.

Minister 2: Same.

Attendant: Very well, please excuse me.

The attendant went to get the drink, and snack.

Now, some might wonder why a military vessel would have a flight attendant. The Transport variant of the Pelican has a sub-variant designed to be a luxury transport vessel. This allows people such as Terran government officials a safe yet luxurious transportation method when they are traveling. 

After a few minutes of wait the Attendant returned.

Attendant: Here is your food Ma'am and your drink sir.