Red Letter Day

All he could feel was the excruciating and continuous pain as the Officers continue to beat on him. The metal touch of a baton with an electric sting that accompanied it, and the feeling of a leather combat boot being rammed into your gut was something that would not be missed. If it ever ended.

Even as Jaune's vision was faded at this point, he could faintly hear some kind of commotion between his captor's and an unknown individual, followed by screams and flat lines. As Jaune finally regained the nerve to move his body again, he felt a hand touch his shoulder.

Obviously, he reacted to this by flailing his arms around, hoping he'll hit his attacker, but when he realized it was Gordon and not a CP, the relief was like a bathroom break after a long drive. He immediately embraced Gordon, not sure why he did though, guess almost being beaten to death makes you want some comfort.

Not that it lasted long, as Gordon kindly nudged Jaune off him. "Yeah, sorry about that." While scratching the back of his head. "So, are you two done? We've best be off." Said a new voice. Now that Jaune's looking around he sees the CPs are all on the floor motionless, good riddance for all humanity cares.

But then there was the new person standing in the room, it was a girl: wearing a headband, a vest over a t-shirt with an odd logo on it, and fingerless gloves. "Did you... kill these guys?" Jaune questioned, the girl gave him a sideways glance, "Yeah! Of course, I did! Who else would have, you?" Didn't have to rub in his weakness. But she did make sense, both him and Gordon were incapacitated so, she's the only one who could have rescued them.

"Well... thank you, I don't think me and Gordon would have made it." She gave him a smile and nod, a silent affirmation of his praise. She then presses a button that opens up an elevator, "C'mon you two, there'll be more CPs coming." Sound logic.

With Gordon pulling him up onto his feet, albeit with a bit of leaning on him, Jaune regained his footing and was able to walk on his own, with a bit of a limp. It'll be gone in a bit thanks to his aura. "You sure you need a hand?" The girl asked, Jaune just put up a hand to say no.

The three entered the elevator, with the newcomer closing the door. "So, I've already introduced myself to Gordon. Now that only leaves you." Oh... right, they don't even know each other. "I'm Jaune, again, thanks for the rescue." "Ah, no need to keep going, I understand. I'm Alyx."

Alright, name acquired, all was good in the world. The elevator ride was slow and kind of awkward in a way. Eventually, the elevator came to a stop with a thud as it reached the bottom. The door opened up, and the new trio departed from it.

They followed Alyx as she led them to a propaganda poster with that old dude from the screens on it. "Remember him from Black Mesa? Your old Administrator?" Alyx said while focusing on Gordon, it seems those two guys have a history. Also, what's Black Mesa? Eh, he'll ask Alyx about it later. "Heh. Don't get my dad started on Dr. Breen." So that's his name. Good to know who everyone is as he's basically an outsider to this place.

Alyx pulled the lever of a fuse box next to the poster, and the thing slide to the left revealing a hidden door behind it. "Whoa! That's awesome!" Jaune squealed with a childish excitement. This amused Alyx a bit, as she gave a small laugh at that.

"Come along." She said as she took lead. The two followed Alyx through the door which lead to a corridor with another door at the end of it, this time it had a keypad to which Alyx quickly entered the code into.

"Funny, you showing up on this day in particular." Alyx was again talking to Gordon, what was he some kind of hero to these people? If so, that's cool. They continued further into the hidden base, Alyx then decided to ask Jaune a question.