New Comers

Lei'wa was swimming with a few kids when the horn blew. She looked up at the sky and saw five ikran circling the village. She grabbed the three kids and walked out of the water.
She took the little girl in her arms and one of the two boys held the hand that wasn't stabilizing the girl. Lei'was tail wrapped around the other little boy and together they walked to where the ikrans landed.

When they arrived she saw a family of six, a mother, a father, two sons, a daughter and a second daughter but way younger than Lei'wa.
The four walked through the crowd and Lei'wa spotted Ao'nung and Rotxo standing behind the two boys of the family.
She made eye contact with the taller one, who ignored the two boys making fun of them. The younger one wasn't good at hiding his annoyance towards the metkayina because he looked at Ao'nung and Rotxo as if he would punch them any second.

Lei'wa still had the three kids with her when she walked up to her friends. "Stop it." she says harshly to them. Rotxo turned to her and mumbled a small 'sorry' but Ao'nung didn't even acknowledge her and still watched the two brothers in front of them. Lei'wa rolled her eyes and looked to the newcomers. She saw the little girl keeping close to her mother and the older girl seemed quite upset.
When her eyes trailed to the two brothers again they were already staring in her direction, or rather diractly at her.

She gave them a small smile and they both returned but what seemed to be the younger one added a 'hey', making Lei'wa look down as she smiled to herself.

Tsireya came next to her and nudged her with her elbow. She probably saw the interaction her friend had with the newcomers.

A loud roar made them look up to see Tonowari and two other metkayina arrive on their tsuraks. "Why do you come to us Jake Sully?" Ronal arrived as the father of the family explained why they're here "We seek Uturu"
"Uturu?!" The tsahik screeched. "A sanctuary for my family." Jake Sully continued.

Ronal began circling them and her mate spoke again "We are reef people, you are forest people. Your skills will mean nothing here." Jake tried again "We can learn your ways."
Ronal grabbed onto the mothers tail and the little girls arm "Their arms are thin, their tails are week. You'll be slow in the water." she walked to the older daughter and grabbed her hands, her eyes widen and she shouted to the crowd "These children are not even real naví!" she moves to the younger brother and held his hand in the air, showing four fingers instead of three "They have demon blood!" "Hey look, look! I was born with the sky people and now I'm naví. We can adapt, we will adapt."

Lei'wa felt the boys next to her press themselves against her sides and the girl in her arms tighend her grip around her neck. She gently rubbed  one of the boys back and with her tail she pulled the other one closer. She knew they were scared when the tsahik announced that the new family has demon blood but she would reassure them later that they shouldn't be afraid. That this family is still naví.

"My husband was Toruk makto, he lead the clans to victory against the sky people" The mother, Neytiri, stepped forward and stood face to face with Ronal. "This you call victory, hiding amongst strangers? Seems like ewya has turned her back on you, chosen one."

Neytiri hissed at Ronal and she hissed back. Their mates looked at each other, asking if the other one would stop them. In the end Jake stepped forward "I apologize for my mate-"

"do not apologize for me!"

"she's come a long way and she's exhausted"

"Jake!"

Her mate gave her a look and Neytiri turned away from Ronal and the tsahik did the same.

"Toruk makto is a great war leader" Tonowari began "but we metkayina are not at war. We can't let you bring your war to us" Jake took his little daughter in his arms and reasoned "I'm done with war okay? I just want to keep my family save."