- Payakan -

It was the next day and Lei'wa walked around trying to find either Neteyam or Lo'ak, if she was lucky even both.

Instead she saw Aounung and his friends coming back from a hunt on their ilus. She watched as they got off of their animals and saw them laughing to themselves.

She walked up to them and squinted her eyes "What did you skwangs do?"

They turned around and Aounung smiled at her "We were hunting isn't it obvious?"

Lei'wa scoffed "Yeah but you're laughing like you did something stupid and if it has something to do with you and your minions then you definitely did something."

"Woah, calm down. We didn't do anything." One of Aounungs friends said.

Lei'wa ignored him and grabbed Aounungs arm, leading him away from the others.

She stopped and turned around to face him "What happened." she demanded to know.

"Nothing." Aounung said, in the absence of his friends less provokening.

Lei'wa gave him a look and Aounung looked down.

"I'm not mad." she said, trying to get him to spill.

"But you will be." Aounung mumbled.

"No. I promise I won't. I swear." She said putting a hand on her heart.

"We took Lo'ak outside the reef and left him there." Aounung mumbled.

At the mention of Lo'aks name Lei'was eyes already widened but when Aounung told her the rest she felt like her heart stopped.

Aounung peaked up at her and she took a deep breath "Come on."

She promised she wouldn't be mad so she couldn't lash out on him. She kept her word.

Lei'wa took him back to the village, it was already sunset and the girl hoped to find at least one of the Sully's.

She saw Neteyam walking around and grabbed Aounungs arm again to take him with her.

"Neteyam!" She yelled to him.

Said boy turned around and furrowed his eyebrows at the scene of Lei'wa dragging Aounung with her.

"What's wrong?" He asked the girl.

"Aounung has something to tell you."

Neteyam looked at Aounung to see a guilty expression on his face.

"I left Lo'ak outside the reef." He said quietly.

Neteyams eyes widened and he clenched his jaw in anger.

He grabbed Aounung by his queue and walked to the sullys marui, Lei'wa following behind.

Night arrived and they saw Jake and Kiri sitting with their feet dangling in the water. They turned around when the three teens arrived.

"Tell him what you told me!" Neteyam demanded as he pushed Aounung.

Aounung told the story again and now everyone was looking for Lo'ak.

Lei'wa bit her nails anxiously and Neteyam looked out at the ocean, trying to see off his brother is back.

"The boy is back!" Someone announced and horns blew.

Neteyam grabbed Lei'was hand and they rushed to the where Lo'ak got off the ilu.

He had a few cits and scratches but other than that he seemed okay.

Lei'wa let go of Neteyams hand as she ran to Lo'ak and crashed into his arms. Lo'ak instantly wrapped his arms around her, burying his face in her shoulder.

When they pulled apart Lo'ak made eye contact with Aounung. He was about to walk up to the boy when Jake came forward and put a hand on his chest "Hey, let's take a look on you."

He briefly checked Lo'ak for injuries and then shouted to the crowd "He's fine!"

"He's fine." He said again but more to himself this time.

Lei'wa walked back to were Neteyam crouched down. They looked at each other before focusing on the conversation before them.

Neytiri ce rushing forward "I pray for the strength of ewya that I don't plug the eyeballs out of my youngest son!"

Tonowari put a hand on Aounungs neck and pushed him down to his knees "This is my sons fault. The blame is his."

"Okay." Jake Sully said as he started walking away.

"No, this is not Aounungs fault." Lo'ak said "I wanted to go, he tried to talk me out of it."

Lei'wa didn't know if it was brave or stupid of him to take the blame.

The Sully's walked away and Lei'wa could faintly hear Jake scolding Lo'ak.
This was Aounungs fault, even if Lo'ak took the blame they couldn't seriously believe that after Aounung told them himself what had happened.

She saw Lo'ak walking away and Aounung followed him.

She turned around to see Jake scolding Neteyam this time.

"Where were you?"

"Sorry Sir."

"Yeah you should be because you're the older brother. You gotta act like it."

"It's not Neteyams fault." Lei'wa walked up to them.

"You're right. He is the older brother but that doesn't mean that he has to take care of his siblings 24/7. That's your job, he is no parent. He is a child himself and shouldn't be the one taking care of them. I mean this with all respect, but where were you? Where were you when your son was in danger? You should watch out for them, Neteyam included. He's not the third parent. And Lo'ak did nothing wrong. He wanted to make friends with Aounung and they lured him into a trap. He was just trying to do what you've asked him to do but that obviously can't work if the others don't cooperate."

Lei'wa walked away before anyone could answer.

She hoped something clicked in Jakes brain. That he realized how he treated his sons.

 That he realized how he treated his sons

AN:

This is so short but whatever!!😭😭