Chapter 2

Lagos, Nigeria

Inaaya Abubakar.

"Aunty where should I put this?" Asmu asked carrying a container of freshly made samosas.

Inaaya turned to look at her with tired eyes,
"Just keep it in the store till we're done with the meat pies and doughnuts then we'll arrange them," she said before turning back to finish what she was already doing
"Oh, and don't forget to close them properly." She stated to Asmu whom was already opening the store room door.

Today they got a huge order, it was for a wedding dinner, since after her divorce this was the biggest order she had gotten, so she putted in great effort to see that it goes well, Umma and Asmu helped a lot with the work load, so she didn't have to worry about most of the things.

"Inaaya, we are getting late, it's past 6 already" Umma came into the kitchen with the rest of the containers, she had freshened up, but hasn't gotten ready yet, she was still in her white T-shirt and a stay at home wrapper.

She sighed soughing out the remaining meat pies from the oven,
"I'm done we just need to package this one's, are the waiters here?"

Umma shook her head,
"Not yet, but I called them, they'll be here shortly."

She nodded her head briskly and took the remaining containers with her to the store room, true to Umma's word they were getting really late.

Umma got dressed up and Asmu went to freshen up so they could all leave with the waiters at once and she could come after, Ummita doesn't let anyone dress her up other than her, so she had to stay back to get ready and also get Ummita ready.

In what seems like 20 minutes, everything was ready and also transported to the venue, she was the only one whom was still at home.

"Don't play with that!" She scolded taking away the foundation from the little girls hands, Ummita pouted But didn't say anything and instead just looked around the room for her next target.

She sighed as she closed the open wardrobe, the room was a mess and she was getting very late so she couldn't stay back to clean it.

Her phone rang and she went walked over to where her bag was to pick it up, it was the driver.

Picking up the call, she kept quite as the person said something on the other side,
"Okay, I'll be out in a minute".

She hung up the phone and packed all of the things she needed, after making sure she did not forget anything, she closed the door and they left the house.

The drive to where the venue was is about 10 minutes, so she relaxed back for sometime, listening to Ummita's continuous blabbering.

Soon enough, they arrived at the grand hall, she thanked the driver before making her way to the front door, even though guests had not even started arriving yet, you could still hear the loud music blaring even from afar.

Upon reaching the gate, she pulled out her invitation card as the caterer and showed it to the security, some of them helped her carry the rest of the things inside and after they had dropped it, she thanked them and they made their way outside.

They were still some people who were decorating around the room, so she looked around the hall to see where Umma and Asmu setup their stuff.

After she had spotted them, she brought out Ummita's tablet and selected her favorite cartoon before finding the closest sit to them and keeping the tablet for her on the table as a distraction.

Immediately she started watching she gasped, "Mummy this is a new episode?!" She asked her eyes leaving the screen for a split second to look at her before looking back to the screen again.