29.1 | Jiggsaw Puzzle: Part One

A lowkey chapter coming ahead to give you a breather lol

IMPATIENCE HAD ALWAYS BEEN THE FLAW Christina deemed most likely to lead to her demise - putting her pragmatism aside.

She had decided to spare Finn the agitation building up inside of her and let him rest for a while longer - until she saw fit to shake him awake with a startle. She watched him wobble his way to the bathroom, muttering incoherently under his breath and she rolled her eyes once she caught some of the insults directed her way.

She planned to find Robin next, but it would mean she would have to check each bedroom, and she wasn't ready to be on the receiving side of any more hostility, at least not so early in the day.

However, the issue resolved itself when Robin leaned against the doorway not a minute later. Christina felt her own relief crumble the rigid lines of her forehead, a heavy weight lifting off her shoulders in her presence.

"I was gonna look for you," she said, eyes skipping to her left side. "How's your leg?"

"Good."

Christina took a moment to assess her, noticing she seemed looser than usual, her face composed yet lacking its usual aloofness. She mulled over the timing; if it was appropriate to ask her questions now, or if it would be better to wait a little longer. She blinked when Robin shifted to step inside, pushing the door closed behind her.

"Out with it."

Her eyes cast down, lips pursing in a thin line. "You can't keep me in the dark forever."

"I know."

She looked back up, needing confirmation that her attempts wouldn't prove to be futile this time. "Will you talk to me, then?"

Robin could only nod.

Just then, Finn left the bathroom, footsteps sluggish as he rubbed his eyes. He stopped short upon seeing Robin, a yawn escaping his lips. "Well, top of the morning to you," he groggily greeted, lips curling into a small smile. "This is the face of someone who hasn't been harassed yet." He shot Christina an accusatory glare, and the latter rolled her eyes.

"I just..." A heavy sigh escaped her lips. "I just need to understand a few things."

Finn hummed, trudging towards the bed to take a seat. "Took you long enough, I'd say." He was genuinely surprised she didn't start her questioning the moment she opened her eyes. Knowing her by now, he expected it was at least on her mind - he could say he was impressed she held it in for that long.

"What do you need to know?" Robin asked, finding herself hesitating despite her best efforts to keep her internal conflict at bay.

"Everything." Christina stood straighter to face her. Robin wasn't talkative at all, so she could understand she felt lost with the overwhelming amount of information she had to explain. She assumed asking her questions would make it easier for her to talk, and the rest would be up to her to piece it all together. How do you know Ollie? Was the first question on her mind, but that felt sudden - she could start from the very beginning instead, with yes or no questions to help her unwind.