05 A Greeting

A man jumped over Lucy, he killed the wolf with his blade and then fired gunshots into the pack. Lucy froze as a black dog ran out from behind her and chased the wolves. The dog was blacker then the night. It was a lot bigger then Riley and more hostile.

The man walked over to Logan and helped him up. Lucy turned her head to the side and felt a pair of arms under her own. She cried out in pain as the man froze while trying to pick her up. She couldn't his face but could tell he was wearing a mask because of his breathing.

The man who shot at the wolves looked the the two Walker boys, "you look lost..." he stated.

Hesh shook his head as he looked at the three people in front of him. The first man was bald, he wore a mask the covered the bottom half of his face, the second man had black face paint on and was trying to help his sister up, who had an obviously fucked up leg, that man wore a mask over his nose along with a beanie and headphones. The third person whistled and that black dog from earlier came running back. The third person had longer hair, their skin was pale and they had a balaclava on, it was obviously the dogs owner.

"We're not lost. We were just looking for you... Captain Merrick," Hesh said as he recognized the men now. "Walker. I believe you have something for me?" Merrick asked as Hesh nodded. "We came across some Feds moving a guy to something called 'Firebase Charlie'. Is he one of yours?" Hesh asked as Merrick nodded.

"Yeah, Ajax." Merrick stated.

Lucy cried out in pain as the man with face paint tried to help her up. "You fucked this leg up badly," the man said as she looked up at him. For a moment the man paused. His eyes were glued to her own eyes as he decided to just pick her up.

"Hold still..." he said as she cried. Her leg was definitely badly twisted or sprained. "Wolf got you good, huh?" He asked as she nodded.

Merrick was about to send the three back until he turned his head and saw the injured girl, he sighed and looked at the group. "Alright, we don't have a lot of time. You can stuck with us but you will do what I say when I say it. Understood?" Merrick asks as the three Walker kids nod.

"Gabby, watch them," Merrick said to the balaclava person. "Gabby? Who's he?" Hesh questions as the person takes the balaclava off. "She, Hesh... I think you meant She..." Logan's states as his eyes widened and so did Hesh's while they looked upon a woman with long black hair and dark brown eyes.

Gabby bent down and pet her dog as the creature barked in response. Hesh's jaw was dropped as he looked at the woman in front of him. He hesitantly walked over and extended his arm to her. "Um...Hello, miss...um- " "Gabriella, but please, call me Gabby..." the woman replied as Hesh nodded.

"Who's dog is that?" Hesh asked. "Mine...her name is Missile Launcher, but we all just call her Missy." Gabby stated as she let the large dog's head. Hesh smiled a bit, "I think I'll also just stick with just calling her Missy." Gabby shrugged and nodded before beginning to follow Merrick and the other masked man, "to each their own."

Lucy took deep breaths as the pain in her ankle and leg shot ip throughout her whole body. "Fucking Christ!" She growled in pain as the man came to a stop. "Who the fuck are you even anyways?" She asked as the masked man shook his head, "Keegan, Keegan Russ." He stated.

Lucy paused and looked at him, her eyes met his once again, "Lucy Walker," she groaned in pain as Keegan kept ahold of her. "You don't look like a Walker." Keegan's eyes narrows as he spoke. "And you look like the most unthreatening robber I've ever seen," she scoffed.

Keegan paused as he looked at the sky, "wrap your arms around my neck so I can grab my gun." Keegan looked back at Lucy as she quickly did so, he pulled his long gun out and proceeded to wait by the gate. "Enemy contact ahead," he stated as Gabby nodded in response.

"Right on schedule," Merrick stated as he removes the gate. Gabby clicked her tongue and Missy quickly followed. "Got some stragglers on the road, could be trouble." Keegan said as Lucy remained in his arms.

The group opened fire as they attacked soldiers. Keegan slung Lucy over his shoulders as he began to shoot, Lucy groaned in pain yet tried to get down, which Keegan gladly allowed her to do.

Lucy hid behind a rock and grabbed her combat knife, she slit the throat of a federation soldier and pulled out a pistol. "Cover me!" She shouted as she limped her way into the battlefield.

Gabby and Merrick watched in shock as Lucy used her knife and gun to kill enemies. Soon the sounds of silence caused the group to freeze as Lucy stood there covered in blood that was not her own.

Keegan froze as he watched Lucy slit throats and shoot, even he was impressed with her. "You do that in your spare time?" He asked as Lucy nodded.

The woman limped over to the others and grunted in pain as her limp began to get worse. "You need medical care." Keegan stated as she shook her head.

"No, I don't need anything from you guys," she sighed as her leg burned in pain. Logan watched and shook his head before looking at Keegan, "she'll warm up to ya, don't worry," he said while patting Keegan's back