Epilogue

Ryan: Melocim, Babe. Are you ready? I can't take it anymore. Eda is in a mood.

Melo: She's not sleeping. Serkan's not sleeping. He's going overboard with overprotectiveness, and Eda is ready to send him to Neptune.

Ryan: God, now she's in tears.

Melo: Didn't you goad yourself about being a psychologist? LOL

Ryan: An Educational Psychologist

Melo:  Right...

Ryan: For children :P

Melo: I'm taking a screenshot and making a sticker out of this

Ryan: Nice. Leveraging dirt against your boyfriend. 🤯

Melo: Of course, LOL.

Ryan: Now he's calming her down. This is fascinating. They were at each other's throats not three seconds ago.

Melo: LOL. I'm coming to your rescue.

Ryan: Finally! 🙄

Melo: You know, I could take some more time to curl my hair...

Ryan: *cries internally* You can take as long as you want, babe.

Melo: That's what I thought.

"Are you sure I cannot come to work anymore? I'm dying of boredom in this house," Eda grumbled once she'd calmed down after her discussion with Serkan.

Serkan, who sat behind Eda, shook his head.

"I don't think that's necessary, Sweetheart. We have a dead week next week and then finals. Your mentorships are already finished; no more clinicians to tend to. You turned in your case study for peer review; you're done for the term. And we agreed: You're going on sabbatical for the whole summer term," Ryan reminded her.

"That's 18 weeks!" Eda huffed.

"No, that's a 16-week term and two weeks of holidays," he responded, wiggling his eyebrows, "which is to your benefit since you're about eight weeks from giving birth."

"I wish I could give birth now," Eda lamented.

"The baby isn't ready. You're 32 weeks. Plus, after your placental abruption, Emir said you should take it easy," Aydan reminded.

"He also said it was minor and caught in time, so I had nothing to worry about. It was an outpatient procedure," Eda muttered.

"All you have to do is slow down, aşkım," Serkan repeated.

"Here, we go again... I am pregnant, not sick. I am fine. Taking it easy doesn't mean bedrest!" Eda finished in an exasperated scream.

"Why do you have to be so stubborn? You can do things around the house. Just not things that are too physical," Serkan retorted.

"You won't even let me carry my own purse. You try doing everything for me! I'm not incapacitated!" Eda finished, getting up from the couch and raising her arms for emphasis.

"I'm ready," Melo entered the living room, all dressed up for dinner.

"Hi, Babe. You look gorgeous. Love the hair," Ryan praised sincerely, kissing Melo's cheek gently.

"Thank you. You don't look too bad yourself," Melo responded, gently pulling the lapels of his blazer to drop a kiss on his lips.

Eda and Serkan continued their discussion oblivious to their embrace.