11. Calm

Lena woke up from a nap screaming. The first nightmare she had had since her father went to prison. Caroline reached out and wrapped her strong but dainty arms around her. "It's okay Lena. Just a nightmare." Caroline frowned as she spoke. It was the first Lena had gotten to sleep in the days they had been in Arizona. She didn't know how much more Lena could take. Caroline tried to be there for the girl as much as she could. She even tried to lay next to her to be a surrogate for Jasper but even that didn't seem to do. "I was just about to wake you. We got a phone call from Edward. They are on there way here with the exception of Rose. She's staying behind to keep an eye on Charlie." Lena sat up and rubbed her bruise colored eyes. "Jasper's coming?" She asked. She had been worried sick about him and the rest of the family. "Did they do it?" She asked to which Caroline shook her head. "They lost him after he got on a plane. The female has been looking for something but we don't think she's found anything." Lena nodded as she stood up. She dressed in a pair of tight fit jeans and the one sweater she had borrowed from Jasper. It was big on her but it still smelled like him. She followed behind Bella as they headed to the airport to meet the rest of the Cullens. She could feel Bella exude a nervous energy but she wrote it off as having a psychotic vampire hunting her.
Lena was in a bit of a daze as they waited for everyone else. Bella got up, asking to go to the bathroom and for Lena to go with her. Lena obliged and got up to follow Bella however she seemed to lose her in the crowd. She checked in two different bathrooms before going back to check if Bella went back on her own. She literally had Jasper in her sight from across the airport when she got a text from Bella. Only it wasn't Bella on the other side. It was a picture of Bella with James alone along with two words. Come Alone. Lena dropped the device and took off at a full sprint. She knew exactly where Bella was from her one trip to Phoenix to see her. Lena could only hope she would make it there in time. It was very possible she could die. If that was the case at least she got to catch a glimpse of Jasper's warm smile one last time.