1: Ground Zero

Date: 20/05/2023 (Saturday)

Time: 07:43

Location: Hereford Air Base (Hereford, United Kingdom)
POV: Third Person

The sky is dark. The morning hours at Hereford Air Base have just begun, with very few people awake in the building. The mess hall began to populate, mainly with early risers such as the operators Ash and Castle. They tended to have a lighter breakfast before doing their Saturday workout, however today was a special day. Today was the monthly recruit testing, put in place by Harry before he died, and continued by his successor Mike, otherwise known as Thatcher. Even though he was the head of Rainbow, he did go on missions, as he hated ditching his fellow operators. 

Anyways, what is this monthly recruit testing? Well, it is a test (obviously) for recruits to prove themselves to the operators and become one themself. This was the "top option" to become an operator, however no recruit had ever made it. Hell, nobody had ever gotten close. This had just become a day for the operators to laugh at recruits, if we are being honest.

Back to what is actually happening currently, Ash and Castle sat down at a random table and began to eat their breakfast, and quickly a couple other operators, Pulse and Hibana, sat with them.

Pulse: "So... any chance of a recruit passing today?"

Ash: "Jack... has anyone passed before?"

Pulse: "Hey... I'm saying there is a chance."

Hibana nods slowly, she had not gotten anything to eat. "He's been raving about this one recruit... Brent, was it? Apparently, he's top class."

Ash: "Didn't you also say that about Julius?" 

Pulse would roll his eyes and Castle would chuckle. "She isn't wrong, however Brent's team, with him, is actually really strong. With Sarah, Joshua, Ian, and Tamiko, they really have a shot this time."

Ash scoffed. "I'll believe it when I see it."

Hibana and Pulse looked at each other getting up and leaving. They passed by operators Lion and Finka as they left, both of which were in their own land. After a bit of walking, to their dorms to be exact, Pulse looked at Hibana.

Pulse: "I really don't know why they doubt them. I don't think they have seen them work together."

Hibana: "You already know Taina will likely take them all out before they get close to sight..."

Pulse: "I have hope... I have hope in them."

They passed by the entrance to the recruits bunks, where the five teammates were preparing themselves for hell. 

Joshua: "We need to stick together. If we can take out the roamer early, we can catch them off guard on site."

Brent: "That won't work, Caveira is known for running a shotgun and can get us all within a matter of seconds."

Joshua: "Damn it..."

He would hit his hand on a white board, he had an outline of the map and where the possible bomb sites would be in the simulation. He also had which operators they would be facing.

Caveira, Bandit, Smoke, Rook, Maestro

Sarah: "This is going to be a pain in the ass..."

Ian: "Right.. I'd suggest one of us going off and baiting her, but her interrogation would fuck us."

Tamiko: "Wait a minute... we can do that Ian."

Everyone looked at Tamiko, confused.

Tamiko: "Hear me out, I have be working on this."