10: Inevitable

"... Honda has agreed to recall motor vehicles using the airbags in question. If you have any questions, please call Honda Customer Service. It is currently Sunday, June 16th and it is very well storming here in London at 7:13 AM. I'm your radio guy for today, Charles McKee, let's get it started with some Sum 41 here at WTVX, here's Fat Lip."

Caveira: "So... how did you figure out he wasn't an actual recruit?"

"Nobody calls Gustave 'Gus'."

Caveira: "... yeah that's a death wish."

Caveira and I were in the mess hall, eating our breakfast. The room was populated at this point in time, though we were the only ones at our table in particular. I had informed Thatcher of what happened, and he gave the green light for interrogation of him on Rainbow grounds. Caveira was planning on interrogating him later today while I talked to Sledge about the John O' Groats area. Kali had sent a spy up there earlier in the morning, hopefully by next week or so we can plan a stealth mission that would likely not go to plan, but hey we can only hope. Brava sat down with us after she grabbed her food and began to chat with us about what we were planning.

Brava: "They probably have a base somewhere in the US, let's be honest it's their main base."

"I wouldn't expect that. I'm thinking somewhere in sub-Saharan Africa. Though yes there is a base in the United States I bet."

Caveira: "Why do you think the base is there? With everyone there, it's easier to hide."

"The thing about that is, one you are caught, you are done for. Not a lot of bodies who will be willing to help you. In the areas like Zimbabwe, the DRC, you know, they are less developed and if they base there, they will leave a larger and more favorable footprint."

Brava: ".. which will get the locals on your side."

I nodded and took another bite of my breakfast, I decided to grab a couple of eggs and toast today just to switch things up, of course with my morning coffee. You thought I was gonna say RC Cola, didn't you? Caveira sighed and thought a bit.

Caveira: "What if there isn't a main base? What if everywhere was just doing their own thing and they are just under the name Shadow Company?"

???: "That wouldn't happen."

We all look over to see Maverick sitting down with us, him having just a coffee cup.

Maverick: "Shepherd's an army general, and not just any, an United States military general. He wants everything under his control, he doesn't want others making decisions."

Brava: "Well he does have a point."

"That he does... say where's Sanaa?"

Maverick: "Up north.. dunno, she said she had to do something in Scotland for a week."

Caveira: "Well then.."

I sighed and took another bite, before something clicked in my mind mid-bite. There is no way... right? I looked at Caveira, who had been thought the same thing. In an instant, we both stood.

"Well I got some shit to go do, I'll see you all later."

I quickly left, pulling out my phone. She quickly caught up to me, a bit of panic in her voice.

Caveira: "Do you want me to tell Mike?"

"Not yet, I don't want him blowing up any relations we have. You go start interrogating that motherfucker."

Caveira: "Can do."

She turned the corner to head to the cells as I dial up a number, Kali picking up after a second.