9: Failed Kidnapping

"Good morning London, it is currently 5 AM here on this wonderful Saturday, July 15th. Outside of the WTVX station it is a cool 11 degrees out, and for all you American listeners out there that would be 52 degrees Fahrenheit. Speaking of America, amazing segway, a large scale bank robbery has happened, with 20 people being arrested in Los Angeles who were connected to this. One of which attempted to kidnap an officer during the robbery, which promptly got him shot. He did not survive.  Police are still investigating the cause of this and if there any others are involved. In other new-"

I slammed my hand on the radio by my bed, I used it as my alarm. I mean, it worked as one as it did have an alarm feature, but eh... maybe I should invest in an actual alarm. I stretched my arms and began to sit up before I realized I had a weight holding onto me. I laid back down and looked over to my right to see Thunderbird latched onto me. It took a moment for me to remember what had happened last night, and when I did, I smiled, at least a before another moment of realization, that being: how long will I be stuck there? Well there goes my daily routine. I just sighed and pulled out my phone and began to look at random videos on YouTube, of course after I put an earbud in. I'm still not an asshole.

After about of a hour of me watching... whatever the fuck I was watching, I decided to slip out of her arms. I needed to do my morning tradition, what can I say? I wandered into my bathroom to use the toilet and comb my hair, and when I stepped out, I saw Thunderbird sitting up, her hair a complete mess and covering part of her face.

"Morning sunshine."

I wandered into my kitchen and grabbed a mug as she groaned at me.

Thunderbird: "I was sleeping happily, you know.."

I chuckled as I poured myself some coffee.

"Yeah yeah. Coffee?"

Thunderbird: "No thanks.."

I stepped back into the main space and sipped my coffee, looking at her. She was looking back at me. I then gave a small smile, her quickly smiling back.

"So... how long have you liked me?"

She quickly looked away, blushing.

Thunderbird: "I have no idea what you are talking about."

"Okay fine, then I guess I won't ask you out. There goes m-"

Thunderbird: "You better still do that."

"Okay fine fine. I guess I can. Are you gonna crash here again tonight?"

Thunderbird: "Depends, will you carry me over to your bed again?"

"Probably."

Thunderbird: "Then yes."

I smiled and sipped my coffee.

-

Some time later and I was in the gym, running on a treadmill. It was around 10:30 at this point, and I wanted to do some late night training tonight. As well, I needed to start planning an attack or something. The quicker we can take these fuckers out, the quicker the world can return to... "peace". There is no such thing as peace in this world, there will always be a battle happening. Whether it be a full-scale war or a civil war in a third-world country, it will never stop. Anyways, I stepped off the treadmill and patted off my sweat with a towel. I sighed and looked around, everyone in the gym was just doing their own thing. I sat down on a bench, looking at my phone. I hadn't seen that I got a message from... Alexis? Jeez it had been a minute since I've talked to her.

Hey Ian, how's life? Just wanted to catch up with you.

Huh... well. Okay then. I had seen on her Instagram that she had recently gone on vacation.. jeez, I was now 37 and I hadn't gone on vacation. Hell, I had been working for the past 20 years without stopping. Well, now isn't the time to think about that. I had shit to work on now. I can rest when I'm dead.