Chapter 86

Creaking his eyes open as he feels the jolt of the gurney being slammed through door after door. Seeing the bright like of the hospital lightbulbs blinding him every few seconds "Male, 109, passed out at home, major injection in his left leg" a woman speaking as she fades in and out in his ear. "109...years old?" a male voice coming into earshot. 

"Yes, James Barnes" another jolt as the gurney hits another door. Groaning as the hit jostles his leg around. "Mr. Barnes?" the woman's voice back in his ear "I'm nurse Pam, we're going to help you get better" the nurse asking questions to get a response from him as he can only move his eyes around. 

"Mr. Barnes?" the nurse questions as his eyes roll back "He's coding!" the nurse jumping onto the gurney as she begins CPR "Keep going to the OR!" shouting to the team around her as they push further into the hospital. Pushing into his chest as she looks at his pale face, eyes closed as though he was sleeping. "Come on James" pushing harder into his chest to get his heart beating once more. 

Steve following behind the team watching the way he goes until being stopped by a nurse "No visitors past this point" putting her hand out to stop him "That's my brother I can't leave him"

"This area is only for those sterile, I need you to head back to the front" looking up from the nurse on top of Bucky still pushing away, watching her shoulders move up and down in rhythm "Sir" the nurse unable to put her hands on him to move him away. Watching as they break through another door watching through the crack until the doors stop swinging. 

Taking a deep breath as he turns and heads back to the front. "Why are you back?" Sam questions as he enters the room "They stopped me and told me I couldn't go any further back"

"Did you tell them you two are related?"

"Of course, I told them that I was his brother but they still said no" standing with his hands on his hips as he looks at where he entered from. Sams's phone chimed with a text as he lifts it up "Shit" running to the front of the hospital "What?" Steve calls out as he stands in his place watching Sam run "Maddie just pulled up without anyone else" 

"Shit" running to catch up with him as they run through the sliding doors of the hospital seeing Maddie throwing open her car door as she rounds the car to get inside. Steve grabbing her to stop her from running into the hospital "Let go of me!" crying out as she tries to fight him off. 

Her body folding down to the ground as she cries out. Sam looking around at the people trying to enter the hospital all of them taking their phones out to record "Steve we got to move" Sliding his arm under her legs picking her up to carry her in and back to the private room they had. 

"Let go of me!" struggling against him to get out of his arms "Maddie" trying to get her to sit down and relax. Her hands flying around to get away from his trying to stop her "He's my husband let go of me!" kicking her leg out and hitting him right in the groin "Fuck" grunting as he grabs to hold himself. 

Running out of the chair swerving past Sam as she runs down the hall. "Maddie stop!" Sam trying to keep up with her as she serves between nurses and carts filling the hallways. Knowing she'll keep going till her adrenaline wears off and getting nowhere with having no idea which way they took him. 

Following her the best he could as she breaks through door after door. Looking at the signs seeing they were heading to the OR. "Maddie you need to stop!" watching as they break through one more door seeing a security guard moving to stop Maddie. Taking a deep breath knowing this little chase has come to an end. 

Watching as the guard moves in before being doused with red as Maddie pepper sprays him "Where the fuck did she get pepper spray from?" running again as Maddie takes off in a sprint down the hall. "Fucking hell." watching her round a corner as he takes it as she goes around another corner. 

Rounding it as he comes to a stop seeing her looking through a large window. Taking deep breaths to catch his own as he turns to see what she is looking at. Seeing a man on top of Bucky performing CPR unable to hear anything through the glass as the doctors, surgeons, and nurses all get dressed on the sides. 

Looking as another machine comes rolling from the side in. A person in scrubs tapping the nurse on top of Bucky to move off. Reaching back grabbing two metal pads as he lays them on Bucky chest watching his body jolt. 

Maddie falling as she grabs Sam to hold herself up the tears fill her eyes as she watches the worker check for a pulse as they shake their heads. The worker turning back clicking buttons before laying the metal pads back on his chest shocking him once again. Squeezing herself into Sam as her body jolts with Bucky body like she's also being shocked. 

Watching again as the worker checks and shakes their head 'no' once more as they go to shock his chest again. Unable to watch as she buries her face into Sam as he watches on as he watches his body jolts once more at the shocks being sent to his none beating heart. 

Hearing squeaks of shoes as he looks to see Steve now rounding the corner coming to a stop when he sees Maddie crying into Sams body. Looking to the window to his left seeing the scene unfolding in front of him. Looking back to Sam as he brings his hand up showing him three fingers. Sighing as he looks back to the room watching the nurse hop back on top to perform CPR. 

Stepping around Sam as he lays his hands around Maddie's hands carefully pulling her off of Sam. Her body turns towards Steve as he is squatted down closer to her height. Taking her arms placing them around his neck as she grabs her wrist to hold. His arms move to collect her waist as he stands carrying her away as he takes another look at the nurse moving off as they shock him again before rounding the corner with Sam behind him. 

================================================================================

You all wanted to know! Here you go that's what is happening with Bucky right now.

~Dianne