Chapter 112

Gender reveal in this chapter, any guesses?
================================================================================

"Almost dressed doll?" asking as he peeks his head into the bedroom "Ya, I just need to put on my shoes" as she stands in front of the mirror putting in her diamond earrings. "Okay, I'm going to go take the kids to Morgan" walking away as he walks into the living room where all the kids were playing. 

"You look nice Daddy" Willow saying as she looks at Bucky in a nice suit "Thank you pumpkin" smiling at her as she goes back to following the stretching in her book for ballet. "Grab some toys or books and let's go you guys are going to go spend some time with Morgan" all the kids standing up as they collect their items. 

Willow grabbing her stretching book along with some dolls. Ava grabbing her ponies and her scratch-and-sniff book, and Atlas grabbing his monster trucks. "Okay follow me crazies" walking to the door as he holds it open as they all walk out before walking past them for them to follow him. 

Taking the elevator up to the next floor to Tony and their place.  All the kids standing in front of the front door all in their footie pajamas and their toys. Waiting after he knocked as Morgan opens the door with the ends of her hair dyed purple "Hey!" smiling as all the kids run in to go to the play area. 

"Thanks Morgan" pulling his wallet out and giving her some cash "They can have pizza tonight, Willow likes just olives, Ava likes everything but jalapenos on hers, and Atlas likes onions and pepperoni on his." taking the cash "Got it" looking up to him as he looks down to her "What?" she questions as he looks at her. 

"You know you're the reason me and Maddie are together right?" leaning to the side to rest on the door frame to look at him "What do you mean? You guys met after I was born." nodding his head "Ya, but if it wasn't for you not liking your last nanny Maddie never would've been your nanny, which means we would've never met, which means I wouldn't have a family if it wasn't for you. So thank you for not liking your last nanny and for liking Maddie." 

Her smile growing as she looks at him "I remember how much you looked at her when you were injured and she was taking care of you, and I remember when you sent her flowers when you were on a mission. Maybe no one else seen it all, but I did....kids see everything."

"Guess I wasn't good at hiding it" confessing "No you hide it well, but I was just a kid you didn't expect a kid to be watching or caring what adults did, but I did, and they do..." pointing over her shoulder as he looks in seeing the kids all peeking their head around the corner looking at them before ducking away from being spotted. "...they watch everything, and I mean everything, they see the hugs and kissing everyone here does, they see the laughs everyone shares, don't ever think they don't know what's going on they do, especially Ava, she is like dad and its scary sometimes." nodding his head "Noted, well thanks again we will be back in a few hours, Atlas goes down at 7:30, Ava goes down at 7:45 and Willow goes down at 8. We should be back before they go to bed but just in case."

"Got it, have fun" backing away as she closes the door. 'One day that is going to be my kids, they are going to be 15 in a minute, where does the time go'

Entering the restaurant as they follow the hostess to the back corner of the French restaurant getting a private booth. Maddie scooting in then Bucky scooting in next to her as she presses herself to him as they take the menus from the hostess. 

Leaning over as he pulls out an envelope placing it in the middle of the table "We'll open it at the end of dinner, until then its just us and them" jestering with his eyes to her stomach. "Agree" smiling as their waiter comes by taking their drink order. 

"Any wine for tonight? Special occasion?" looking between the couple, "No wine tonight, and tonight we are finding out the gender of our baby" Maddie speaking "How wonderful, is this the gender?" pointing to the envelope "Yes it is"

"Are you wanting us to do something like write it down on your dessert or incorporate it into your dessert?" Maddie and Bucky looking at one another "I don't know we were just going to open sometime during the meal"

"Give me a moment" the waiter excusing himself as he walks to the back. Sharing a look to one another until the waiter comes back "Okay, so if you decide we would like to help with the gender reveal at your dessert portion of the evening." Maddie reaching forward grabbing the envelope "What do you want to do?" looking at Bucky "-You don't need to decide now, only when it's time for dessert" the waiter interrupting. 

"Oh ya we need to talk" Maddie cringing as she puts the envelope back down as Bucky just smiles at her "Can we just get a water and a shirly temple for her and can we start with the French Cheese Puffs, please" Bucky ordering for them. 

"So what is going on in your head doll?" questioning her since she was hesitant about the restaurant doing the gender reveal for them, "I want them to do it but I also want to open it together"

"I get that, and I don't mind which way we do it, as long as we can find out what we are having." kissing the top of her head. Smiling to him as she rests her head on his chest "How did I get so lucky?" smiling as she looks at the nicely set table in front of them. "All because you sat in my spot" giving her a tighter squeeze. 

Maddie antsy in her spot as they wait for the dessert that holds the gender of their baby. Bucky finding it cute at her little nerves firing off as she messes with her hands "Do you have a guess on what it is?" asking her to keep her mind off of the time. 

"I don't know, I feel like I haven't had any symptoms like I did with the others." Bucky knowing she has had them but keeping his mouth shut. "What do you think?" asking him "I have an idea" smiling to her just as their dessert comes out. 

"Just pour the chocolate over the ball and the ice cream is either pink or blue." the waiter saying as he sets the solid chocolate ball in front of them with the small dish of hot chocolate to melt the solid chocolate ball. 

"Thank you" Maddie saying as she eyes the dessert, as the waiter walks away. Maddie reaching out to grab the little dish of hot chocolate "Ready?" looking up to him seeing him already staring at her "With you, I'm always ready." grinning as she looks at the desert as she pours the chocolate over the ball watching it melt and split open. 

Smiling as he looks away from her as he sees the color peek through, "Is that what you thought it was going to be?" Maddie looking at him with water filling her eyes "Yep" leaning over and giving her a kiss as they both look back at the chocolate dessert with the pink ice cream scoop in the middle. 

"I guess you really were meant to be a girl Dad" looking to him "I got my boy, but I am definitely shooting more x chromosomes than y chromosomes" smiling to her "You happy to have a girl?" running his hand up and down her side "I am, I love seeing how you are with the girls, you do the same with Atlas but I love you with the girls" 

Leaning towards each other giving a kiss to one another "I love you Maddie"

"I love you James"

"and I love you baby Barnes" looking to her stomach. "Three girls, you are really outnumbered now" joking with him "That's fine, I'm I've been outnumbered since Willow, and you wanted six kids, how about a family of 6?"

"A family of 6 is perfect" looking at each other with all the love in the world, like there was no one more perfect for them. 

================================================================================

Moment of silence for the death of those on the Titan

~Dianne