t w o

IVY BOYD

My first day back in Outter Banks and shit was already going downhill. I stood in shock as I stare at the blonde boy aiming a gun at Topper's head. They were talking, but I was too far to hear them.

Topper dropped John B down in the water gently as he backed away with his hands in the air. Sarah was a few yards in front of me yelling at the blonde.

"Okay, everyone, listen up!
Get the hell off our side of the island!" The blonde boy yells for everyone to hear before firing the gun into the air two times.

That's my signal to leave.

My feet move before I can decide any further. I run back towards Max's truck, assuming he went there too. As I'm running, I trip over nothing and land on my face.

"Nice one Ives." I could hear Rafe laughing from behind me.

"I'm too drunk to move but sober enough to think." I mumble into the sand.

"Let's get you home." He picks me up bridal style.

"What the fuck just happened?" I ask Rafe. My eyes start to feel heavy as we get to the truck.

"Pogues happened." He explains as he sets me in the backseat of my brothers truck. A yawn escapes my mouth as my eyes glued shut.

• • •

The sound of my balcony door opening makes me jolt up. I slowly move my body over and turn on the lamp sitting on my bedside table.

Looking down at my body I realized Sarah must've put me into a navy blue silk tank top and shorts set. White lace bordered the set. I bring my attention back to the intruder.

"Who the fuck are you?" I question the guy slowly walking through my balcony doors.

"Oh shit. Okay, this looks bad. Very bad. I was told this house would be vacant for the a few more weeks. So I was sneaking in to sleep." The boy admits, running his hand through his blonde hair.

"Wait.. are you? Oh my fuck, you're the guy who pulled a gun on Topper earlier." I quietly shout, reaching for my phone to call the police.

"No, no, no, no. Please don't grab your phone. I promise I won't hurt you. I didn't know anyone would be home." He begs, getting on his knees on the floor at the end of my bed.

"Give me one damn good reason as to why I shouldn't?" I asked him, crossing my arms.

"I'm not here to harm you." He slowly stands up with his hands in the air.

"Who are you?" I grab my pocket knife from under my pillow.

"I'm JJ. Please don't call the police." He begins to beg again.

JJ? The one I wasn't supposed to meet?

"You're John B's friend?" I quirk an eyebrow, slowly remembering what happened a few hours ago.

"Yes. His best friend." The blonde looked terrified.

"Have you been sleeping in my bed? And who the-" JJ quickly moved over to my side of my bed, putting his hand over my mouth.