s i x

IVY BOYD

The three of us smoked the joint JJ had left for us and were now lounging around in the dark. I, personally, have never had any issues with Kiara but the problems between her and Sarah dragged us apart.

"Would you rather... have-- I was imagining you like this just now. It was pretty funny. Would you ima-- would you rather..." Sarah giggles. "have nipples for eyes or eyes for nipples? Imagine if you get really old and your nipples. Your boobs get saggy, and your nipples, if they were your eyes, you could see if your shoes were untied."

"Is this like your first time smoking or something?" Kiara questions the blonde.

"No." Sarah mumbles.

"I'd totally love having eyes for nipples." I chuckle.

"Hey, Kiara." Sarah looks up at her with sad eyes.

"Enough of the 'Hey, Kiara!' bullshit! Why'd you do it?" Kiara quirk her eyebrow up.

"Why did I do what?" Sarah asks, clueless as always.

"We were best friends. We-- we stole beers from your dad's fridge, we watched movies together, we cried about boys. And the next thing I know, I'm watching your birthday party happen from Instagram." Kiara sounds hurt with her tone of voice.

"It was one party." Sarah grumbles.

"You invited everybody except me. And then you told everybody I was the reason that the party got busted." Kiara crosses her arms.

"Okay, well, who else would've called the cops?" Sarah gets annoyed.

"You never asked." Kiara breathes out.

"Kiara has a point. You never really asked her about it. Truth be told, I don't know why I'm here. And I don't know anything about why you guys ended." I ranted, feeling my high take over my brain.

"You just let the rumor go that I was a rat." Kiara continues. "You were my best friend, and then you ghosted me, and I don't even know why! I mean, really, what did I do?"

"You liked me. When... people get... close to me, I feel trapped. And... I bail. And then I blame them for it. I'm really sorry... And I miss you." Sarah explains.

"You didn't bail on Ivy. And she's always by your side during the summer." Kiara points out.

"I'm just magical." I joke.

"Ivy's family has been close to me since we were three. She's like a sister to me." Sarah explains.

"Do you think there's a chance that we could be okay again?" Sarah asks Kiara.

"Honestly... I don't know." Kiara admits.

A silence falls between all three of us, making me extremely tired. Maybe it was the weed, but my eyes fluttered shut and I drifted off to sleep.

• • •

"I have an idea." I smirk at the girls.

"Please, that's never good." Sarah chuckles.

"We don't let them know this whole 'parent trap' shit worked." I announce.

"I like it." Kiara winks at me.

The Pogue boat floats towards us. I see the three boys all smirking proudly at themselves for their evil plan.

"You forget your keys or something?" JJ asked sarcastically.

"You gotta admit it was funny." John B chuckles.

I'm the first to jump from boat to boat. Glaring at John B as I take a seat in the back.