CHAPTER 9

"Okay, you guys. Our only bet is to kidnap her, lock her in a room, and... It sounded better in my head. Why do I keep forgetting things?"

"I mean. You are 50 years old. Scratch."

Libby took out a piece of paper as she was writing down something. She and the ghosts were in her house and her room. Her mother was out grocery shopping, so they could continue with their plans of getting things right. "Maybe we should invite her family over for dinner? I can get my mom to join without knowing you guys." Said Libby as she was laying on her bed and chilling. "It would have worked if her family wasn't so careless! They would mostly forget or just come by and leave quickly. Not to mention the fact that they might not bring Molly along with them... As always." Scratch covers his face with Geoff patting him on the back. "Scratch, it's okay. We will find something. I promise." The blue ghost then looks at Libby as he thought for a moment. "You know. As much as I hate to admit it... You are the most understanding person I have ever met, besides Geoff... Um... T-Thank you for everything..." Libby and Geoff smiled at Scratch after he said, "Well. I'm glad we put our differences aside before we grew apart and went our separate ways." Scratch and Libby didn't get along when they first met but slowly came together after putting their differences aside to help the situation. They got along later on as the days went back, and they are here now. "Yeah, it would have been a disaster!" Said Geoff as he flies up, and lifts his arms, still putting up that smile. "True." Scratch agrees, Libby then goes back to writing but finds something. "Okay. I think I have an idea. Hear me out." Scratch and Geoff sat down on the floor as they were ready to listen to what Libby had to say. Hoping it would be an idea that will help them. "Since you managed to take the box before. Do it again, but this time leave it in the field." Scratch and Geoff looked at each other in confusion. "Wait a minute, sorry, but how come we can't just leave it in your house? I mean, it's a good idea since it will take a while for her to find it, but still." Libby then stood up and sat next to Scratch on the floor, "I see your point, Scratch! It would have worked out if my mom wasn't checking the house 24/7 and before you asked! It's a long story. It's better not to ask her why she does it!" She continues to write it down on the paper, "I'm a ghost. I don't think I will ask her anytime soon." Said Scratch, knowing the possible reactions Libby's mother will react if she saw the ghosts. "Alright, back to my plan! Once the box is in the field, I will find it and show it to her family. They told me to show up with some evidence, so I will do just that!" Scratch and Geoff smiled as they were relieved that the nightmare would almost be over. "Great. The box will tell them everything! We will take the box at night and leave it there!" Scratch stood up as he was ready to get the plan over with. Even though he was a little nervous, at least things will get better. "I will get it first thing in the morning! Hopefully, I don't get tired out from the party tonight!" Scratch and Geoff looked at each other in confusion once again. "Party?" She forgot to tell them about the party which will make it harder for them to keep the box in the house furthermore. "A family visit party to be exact." Geoff, getting excited as usual, wanted to come to the party. "Can we come?! We promise to be invisible and not scare up the crowd!" Scratch held back Geoff as it was obvious what could go wrong. "Geoff, no! We need to stick with the plan!" Libby goes back to her bed as she was ready to go to sleep, even though it's the afternoon, "I better get some rest right now before the party, so see you guys tomorrow!" Scratch and Geoff waved goodbye to Libby as they left the house. As they were flying, the blue ghost was worried, but Geoff assured him that everything will work out alright.

Or will it be?...

Later in the late afternoon, in a fancy huge house with a beautiful small front yard and garage. Inside the house and in the living room, a young girl was walking towards the room but was highly angry. She had blue-dyed hair and freckles under her eyes. Her parents were in the living room, and even though she tried to get their attention. It didn't work out, so she sighed harshly, and that's when her parents finally listened, but for the wrong reasons. "Andrea. Be quiet. Your father and I are trying to talk here." This made Andrea mad, especially because her name was mispronounced, and she was ignored, so instead of leaving the room, she yelled. "I'm sick and tired of you guys ignoring me! You guys always ignore me and I try being understanding, but you actually don't care. You never did." Her parents then got off of the couch and walked over to Andrea, "Andrea. We give you everything, and you are still ungrateful. Not to mention the fact you have the whole school behind your back." She wasn't happy about it as if something was still missing. "It's not the same! It's not the same... You guys had me, and they didn't. You raised me, and they didn't! Ugh! I'm sick and tired of this!!! I'm sick and tired, I'm sick and tired, I'm sick and tired!!" Her parents told her to be quiet and said she was grounded. Dear Andrea runs upstairs, goes to her bedroom, lays on her bed, and starts crying. Doubting her parents will ever care about her, or worse, forget about her at some point. However, as she slowly goes to sleep, the nightmare isn't over yet.

She woke up from a terrible dream and stood awake. Thinking about the dream as her eyes were wide open and tired. Eventually, she got off the bed and opened the door from her bedroom. Going downstairs quietly, looking around the dark empty house, and she thought for a moment. She puts on her pink sweater and her gray boots, and Andrea opens the door that leads to the outside of her home. Looking back at the dark empty house, "I don't care. Find me." When leaving the house, she ran as fast as she could and all by herself to never be seen again.

In hopes of either her parents finding her...

Or be forgotten.

=================================

Summary:

Libby, Scratch, and Geoff come up with a plan for getting things right. Libby and Scratch didn't get along at first but slowly came together after putting their differences aside to help out. They planned to leave the box in the baseball field bleachers, so Libby can take it to the McGees as evidence of what happened to Molly. They can't do it in Libby's house because Libby's mother is always checking the house out of fear of her unknown past. Scratch was nervous, but Geoff assured him that everything will work out alright. Andrea argued with her parents about their lack of care toward her. She was grounded, she was crying in her room, had a nightmare, stood awake, and decided to run away. As she was running away, she hoped that her parents would find her or leave to be forgotten.

=================================

NOTE:

Sorry if it's not the best chapter. Don't worry though, I think chapter 10 will be a blast!