CHAPTER 10

Scratch thought for a moment as Molly was getting closer. It could be at any moment that Andrea could get hurt or worse: murdered. The blue ghost then had enough as he got closer to Andrea. The wind was moving, the leaves were moving, and Andrea started questioning her surroundings. It was at this moment when she realized running away wasn't the best idea as she saw blue light forming. Scratch appears and scares Andrea by letting out a huge roar. Poor Andrea screams as she passes out from what she saw. Hitting the grass floor and dropping the items from her hands. Scratch quickly picks them up and puts them back in the box. His face was sweating as he was holding the box with the bottles now inside. Molly, yelling from afar, starts running toward them, but she isn't after Andrea. She is now after Scratch as he flies away with Geoff. As they were flying away, he stopped and thought for a moment. He looks at Geoff and then at Andrea. "No. Geoff. You need to stay with her. She was out at night for a reason." Geoff flies back to the field while Scratch continues to fly forward. Even if he can fly away, he knows Molly and is not taking any chances anymore.

With the hiding spot being exposed, Scratch didn't know where to put the box now. Molly is awake and will not rest until she finds it to maintain her happiness. Even though Scratch and the others do not see it that way at all, and more like the opposite: Just another form of self-harm. Molly continues to go after Scratch for a while, but all of a sudden, the sound of her footsteps disappears. Scratch turns around to see if Molly was still following him, but she wasn't anymore. Which was strange because she knows that he has the box. Either way, Scratch ignores it and continues to fly away. After a good amount of time flying alone, he then thought of Libby. He decided to go to her house in hopes of her coming up with another plan. Despite what she said earlier, he thought if they could do the plan earlier, the nightmare would be over as Scratch went over his head. Thinking things will get better, even though it will never be the same again. However, by the time he got to Libby's house, it was burned up. Half of the building was gone, black smoke still coming out, and ashes from the building. Books were on the ground while some were burned, a turtle tank shattered into pieces, and an empty turtle shell was next to it with blood dried up. Scratch was highly confused and now in despair, "LIBBY!" He yelled across the area as he flew over there and looked around. He was finding clues through the ashes, and not even any bodies were around except the turtle shell. Which was weird to Scratch because there were some clues of a party around here. Scratch realized about Molly, and he had to go with the plan without Libby, unfortunately for him. As he sighed and went back to the house of the McGees.

He went through the window upstairs to see if Molly was home, but she wasn't. The room was still the same except for the broken empty fish bowl on the ground. So he went downstairs to wake up the McGees, and much to his luck, they came out of their rooms. They were all tired but followed since they knew he wouldn't stop bothering them. "Ugh, what is it now, Scratch?!" Yelled Sharon as she was the first to get out of her room. "Your daughter isn't in her room. Sharon. Please listen to me. If you just look. I won't bother you ever again." Sharon rolled her eyes and told the others to go back to their rooms. That is until Scratch finally decided to use his dark magic and drag them over there. He took them up to the attic and once they got there, dropped them on the floor. Sharon was the first to see that Molly was gone and Scratch was telling the truth. The others also saw that she was gone too and now looked down in shame. "You... You were telling the truth... How long has it been?..." Sharon took out her phone, someone answered, and now she was on a call. "I'm calling the police. Pete and Darryl. Get ready when they get here." She then looked at Scratch, "Thank you..." Sharon leaves the attic without questioning Scratch with the box as if she was more worried about Molly than anything else.

The ghost just stood in the attic alone while the others left. Minutes go by and thinking about what happened to Molly and Libby.

Wondering.

Scratch goes outside only to find out that the cops are already here and talking to the McGees. The blue ghost went into hiding, he can't turn the box invisible, and he is not letting out his chances go. He went into the backyard, on the top of the tree, through the leaves, and hoped that nobody would find him there. Letting out a tear as he was worried about Molly, about Libby, and about the entire problem now getting bigger than him. Minutes passed by again, and he thought of something, something horrible, "What if... No. Oh, no..." He opens a blue spiraling portal and goes through with the box in his hands. Going through the portal leads him to the ghost world. The ghost world had a dark blue sky, and the buildings were also dark blue. He began searching for Molly and Libby by looking through the buildings, outdated stores, and old clubs. Even asking the other ghosts despite most of them hating on Scratch. Unfortunately, after two days of finding the girls without resting.

Nothing.

The guilt of what he did in the past was coming at him again, and it was getting bigger. The memories were piling up, and his heart was starting to hurt. "Oh, Libby... I'm sorry. You were the only human who would care..." He said to himself as he opened another portal, but this time back to the human world. As he went through the world, it was a cloudy morning. The grass and trees were wet, water still dipping to the ground, and the wind was hitting the leaves. Scratch was in the backyard where he was previously at. Opening the glass door and looking around the house. He found the McGees sleeping in the living room with paperwork on the floor. Thinking they were tired out, Scratch thought of leaving the room. That is until Sharon started waking up and saw Scratch as he was floating near the other side of the living room. "Scratch, wait! Don't leave. I have something to tell you." Turning around, Scratch listened as Sharon was talking. "We couldn't find her, and we believe that she is still alive from the evidence we got, but...

...She is not in Brighton."

Molly was outside the town while Libby was nowhere to be found. Andrea was in a hospital bed, and the day was still moving as if it was like any other day.

But it wasn't.

=================================

Summary:

Scratch scared Andrea, and Molly went after Scratch because he had the box. Geoff stayed with Andrea after she passed out because Scratch told him to. Molly stops following Scratch, but he continues to fly for a while. He then thought about Libby and went to her for help despite what she said. He saw Libby's home was destroyed as black smoke was coming out of it. Scratch was devastated, so he went to the McGees, and woke them up. He told them that Molly isn't in the house. The McGees ignored him, so he used his magic to take them to the attic instead. Once they saw Molly gone, they called the police. Scratch thought of going to the ghost world to see if Molly or Libby were dead, but they weren't. As he was going back to the human world, he found the McGees in the living room with paperwork all over the place. Sharon told Scratch that Molly is still alive but not in Brighton. Molly is missing, Libby is missing, and Andrea is in the hospital bed.