Chapter-25: "An excuse to meet you"

ANAYAH POV-

"Hey! Girl, leave all your jewelry here!" The same old lady spoke.

"Huh? Why? Its mine. I won't give it to you"

"See, Ammi how much bold the girl is!" Another woman spoke.

I think this is a family, with two children, two women, two men and a lady.

"Excuse me, I won't give and why are you asking? Are you thief?" I asked and they laughed. That Dadi laughed and spoke-

"Of course, we loot people and don't you guys think that today Ashraf brought a great and wealthy client" She laughed and others also joined her.

I need to run from here! While they were laughing, I took my chance and ran towards the door, but stopped when the door opened revealing the same boy with a boy, feeling familiar smirking as he entered the house. He approached and I started walking back.

"Oh! My grandson is back!" Dadi approached and he hugged her. The whole family met him one by one. After their reunion, his eyes fall on me.

"Aren't you the same who stole my diamond necklace?" He nodded.

"Ashraf? You stole a diamond necklace?" Dadi enquired.

Now, he'll get a best beating, I smirked inside my scarf. He nodded.

"Oh, Ya Allah! I knew that my grandson, will make me proud!" She kissed his forehead. I stood there thunderstruck.

"Proud? Excuse me, Dadi, he stole a diamond necklace! He's a thief!" I spoke.

"Young lady, that's our family profession!" She spoke.

What? Stealing a profession?

"Anyways, give my necklace back! Otherwise, I'll send guards" I threatened.

"Hey! How can you say that? You don't know-" He cut his Dadi off and said-

"Here!" He took the necklace out from his bag and gave me.

"ASHRAF!" Dadi and his family deadpanned. Is he for sure?! I approached to take it but, in a flash, that small girl who was demanding my ring, took the necklace ran away upstairs.

"Huh?" I stood there shocked, when the family laughed and split away like they were playing game. I ran behind her and followed her going inside the room but she jumped from the window landing on the balcony and throwed it above, I quickly ran to the balcony and saw my necklace hanging in the rod which joined both the sides of the balcony at the corner. The girl ran from there giggling and joined the family down laughing. The boy was smirking and laughing at my condition.

I have to take a risk. I want that necklace at any cost. Without thinking I jumped out of balcony tightly holding the grip on the rod.

"H-Hey! What are y-you doing?" Dadi asked horrifically. I ignored her and started moving towards the necklace hanging on the rod. I felt my scarf loosing as I was gripping on it.

"Just few seconds, Anayah" I muttered and moved close to necklace. I felt it on my hand. I smiled through my scarf. Just then, my energy left my body and my hands loosened. I let out a yelp. The scarf opened as I left my hands from the rod and closed my eyes, leaving myself on Allah to protect me. I fall on a soft yet hard thing and felt me scarf on top of us. I opened my eyes to see who saved me.

My eyes met with black orbs who's of the thief, who stole my necklace. For the first time in my life, I felt myself attracted to someone. None of us took the pledge to stand up. I quickly composed and taken aback when someone snatched the scarf which was on top of us. We sat on the floor awkwardly, as almost 10 gazes were on us. I stood up and he too. I felt the necklace on my hand which made me smile