chapter thirteen

Please make sure to vote and comment :)

*Time skip to 5 days later*

Davina POV:

It's been 5 days after what happened that night. I was absolutely not in the mood to go downstairs and act like everything is okay once again when I literally had a mental breakdown the past 5 nights in a row. I've been going to school pretending everything is okay but I'm just not okay. It's just funny how parents don't understand what you're really going through but strangers who you haven't even met in your life do know. It's weird how that works.

As I was lost in my own thoughts, I hear someone walking up the stairs and heading towards my room. I quickly get up and try to act as normal as possible. As soon as I did that, my little brother Jack knocks on my door and says, "Hello. Are you awake?" 

"Yes I'm awake Jack." I shouted.

"Come downstairs to have breakfast." He says to me.

"Okay." I said. As soon as I said that I could hear him running down the stairs. I opened my curtains, made my bed, brushed my teeth, grabbed my phone and headed downstairs.

"Good Morning." Rose says as I walk towards the kitchen to get breakfast.

"Morning." I said in a quiet voice.

"What's up with you?" Rose asks me as she's looking right at me.

"Nothing. I'm just tired." I said as I smiled a little.

"You're always tired." Jack speaks out. That sneaky little boy. If only he knew, how draining life is itself.

"Shut up and eat your food." I said as I pointed towards his plate. He didn't bother to respond, he went back to eating his food.

"What's gotten you in the mood?" Rose asks me.

"I don't know." I said. I know why I'm in this mood after everything that happened for the past few days ago, I don't want Rose to find out because she just came from hospital and I don't want anything to happen to her so I'm just not going to tell her.

I sat down at the dinner table, ready to eat, when my phone suddenly started ringing from across the room. Since it was too far for me to reach, I asked Rose, who was closer to it, to pick it up and put it on speaker. It turned out to be Sofia calling. Why was she calling me at 10 am on a Saturday morning?

"Hey, Davina," she greeted, her voice sounding a bit frantic amidst the background noise.

"Hey. Everything okay?" I inquired, concern lacing my voice.

"No, it's not okay," she replied, her tone filled with urgency.

"Why? What's going on?" I asked, feeling a sense of unease.

"Today is Ryan's birthday party, and you're not coming. I'm having a crisis moment right now," she confessed.

"Wait, there's a birthday party?" Rose interjected, evidently intrigued.

"Yes, it's Ryan's 17th birthday party today," I confirmed, continuing to eat my breakfast.

"And you're going, right?" Rose turned her attention to me.

Before I could respond, Sofia jumped in, saying, "Nope, your lovely sister decided not to come for whatever reason."

"And what reason might that be?" Rose directed her question at me, her gaze fixed on me.