𝖕𝖗𝖔𝖑𝖔𝖌𝖚𝖊

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓.ೃ࿔✹༻'⋰꧂•°

ೃ࿔✹༻'⋰꧂•°▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

.ೃ࿔✹༻'⋰꧂•°▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

    𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐄𝐓𝐒   covered the windows of the homes within the small seaside village. It was the homes of fugitives from Ravka, mourning the loses of their kin across the sea.

A village of deserters and fugitives created as a safe heaven from their monstrous homeland.

Yet one home stood a few yards away from the rest, its windows laid bare from the mourning black.

The were no mourners in that home, only a woman with a heart as black as the obsidian necklace she wore.

Crafted long ago by her durast mother.

The people of the village did not know of her name or age and had never seen her face. Still, the woman remained on that hill she dwelled upon, protecting them from the shadows.

For, the woman was a Grisha.

Power unlike no other amongst them, they all knew━━ but some would whisper.

Whisper of the black eyes so alike her own across the sea. Of a face as sharp as the strict old woman teaching grisha like them. Of the way the room seemed darker once she made an appearance.

Whispered quietly. Quietly enough for it to be a well kept secret. So that their faceless protector would be safe.

So when a sly fox of a pirate, or privateer as he prefers, came with his crew asking questions about the witch residing in their village━━ none answered.

But allas, like calls to like.

Agnesta could not hide from her own kind.

Author's Note

I'm so excited to write this after watching the new season y'all. This will be mixture of the show and the books with the main difference being that Mal will be written as he is in the show━━ likeable, better written...

Also genya ane david are safe from canon to a degree in this book because i love them both and David is one of my favourites in the grishaverse.

Anyways, enjoy!