Chapter 9

Kaylee was sitting on the couch with her phone off. She had no desire to talk to Brandon. Thankfully Calvin was at school and she didn't have to worry about him.

"That bastard," she muttered, "I can't believe I fell for his lies. The only good thing is that the press doesn't know about Calvin and I. Thank goodness."

Kaylee lifted her head to a knock on the door. She walked over to it and opened it to see Brandon. She glared at him and slammed the door in his face.

"Kaylee, listen, it's not true. I promise you. I haven't slept with Melanie in years. It's not mine and I never proposed to her. Please let me in so we can talk."

Kaylee sighed against the door, knowing that she can't shut him out of her life especially since Calvin is now involved. She opened the door and beckoned him in.

"Coffee?" she asked.

Brandon nodded and sat down at the kitchen table. Kaylee brought a cup for each of them. They sat looking at each other. "Talk," she demanded.

"Look, I will demand a paternity test from her to prove it's not mine. I meant what I said when I haven't slept with her. If she is pregnant it's not mine and if that's the case than my parents will have to see reason."

"And if they don't?" 

"Screw them, I have you and Calvin in my life now. I refuse to let them dictate who I can or cannot see. I love you Kaylee. I love Calvin. He is the most amazing thing I have ever made. I would give my career up if it meant I could keep the two of you in my life."

"So now what? The press thinks you're engaged and have a baby on the way. If they see us together, it will be awful and I don't want Calvin to be in the media. I refuse to have him be in the shit show this is."

"I will do everything I can to protect him and you."

Kaylee sighed deeply, "Okay, I believe you. Let's get this paternity test done sooner rather than later."

"I'll confront her right now," Brandon said, "I will be back as soon as I can. I love you."

"I love you too," she responded as he kissed her on the forehead and than left. 

Brandon

Brandon was seething as he went to Melanie's house. He knocked loudly on the door, "Open this damn door Melanie. We need to talk."

Melanie came to the door holding her stomach, "Not so loud, you don't want to disturb the baby."

"Screw you, we both know you're either lying about being pregnant or it's someone else's."

"But you can't abandon me now, the press all knows about it. Think about how it will look if you leave me. Superstar Brandon Maddox leaving his fiancé and baby."

"No, I won't put up with your bullshit. You are coming right now to the doctor with me."

"I won't. I refuse. You can't make me."

Brandon sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. "Fine, I expected this. He opened up his cell phone and said, "Come on up."

"Who's coming up here?" Melanie asked.

"A doctor," he deadpanned, "I'm not letting this go on a second longer than it has to."

Melanie shrieked and tried to close the door but he stopped it with his foot, "Give it up Melanie. You are a drama queen. I don't like you, I will never sleep with you again."

"We were so good together though," Melanie whined, "Remember all the pleasure I gave you?"

Brandon snorted, "Melanie that was years ago. We were still in school at that time. Besides you were mediocre compared to Kaylee."