Ch 3: Meeting Emmett and Jasper

Phoenix jolted awake at the sound of her alarm clock. Not even pulling the blankets from her head, Phoenix turned off her first of three alarms and slowly got out of bed before grabbing her clothes for the day and going to her bathroom to get ready. A half hour later the second alarm went off and Phoenix got out of the shower before drying off and getting dressed before she did her makeup. Once satisfied with her look, Phoenix left her hair down before going to the kitchen where she saw her uncle having breakfast.

  Once satisfied with her look, Phoenix left her hair down before going to the kitchen where she saw her uncle having breakfast

"Hey Uncle Charlie," Phoenix said as she got a cup of coffee

"Hey kiddo, you doing better?"

Smiling Phoenix nodded before taking a long sip of her coffee. Charlie could see that she was nervous and just barely had control over her powers. If startled she'd orb away to reappear seconds later in the same place. Panicking could cause her to freeze an entire room, and not to mention that if angry she could move things with her mind. Charlie stood up from the table and walked over to his niece, pulling her into a tight hug, trying to comfort the young witch.

Charlie wasn't usually an emotional person but one person who he wasn't afraid to show emotion to was Phoenix. Phoenix had always treated Charlie as a father that she never had. Her mom died when she was only a few months old, but by that time she was already adopted by the same family that adopted her sister Paige. Paige was a problem teenager but the day of the accident that killed their parents, she stepped up to be a responsible big sister.

After a few minutes of comfortable silence, the pair broke the hug. Charlie placed his hands on her shoulders and gave them a comforting squeeze before he made his way to the front door to get ready for work.

"Have a good day Nix. And if they end up being two of your mates then give them a chance. They are good kids," Charlie said as he put on his jacket.

"Okay Uncle Charlie, have a good day and stay safe. If you need me just call for me, I'll hear you and come right away," Phoenix said.

With being part white lighter Phoenix is able to hear any of her family call for her if they need help. Charlie nodded in agreement before he left for work. Deciding to skip breakfast, Phoenix walked back to her room to get her bag for school. Passing Bella's room on her way down, Phoenix banged on her cousins door while yelling for her to get up before she's late for school.