Chapter 2

(Ashton's POV)

"Calum you're such a dumbass! You know that?" Michael said loudly coming through the main door making me stop throwing punches at the bag catching it, before it came back to hit me in the face. I rolled my eyes in annoyance because they were interrupting my workout. Taking the wraps off my hands I chuck them on the floor and stomp into the living room where the voices seem to migrate.

"What are you two on about?" I shout to get them to listen to me.

"We saw Lorenzo out in town and tried to get him, but some girl got in our way and Calum spilled his hot coffee on some random woman." Michael's voice softened when he spoke to me almost as if he felt sorry for Calum fucking up. Again.

Making me look at him trying to read him, as Michael was very easy to read at times like these. Especially if he had something to do with the outcome of a failed job.

"You know who the girl is don't you Mike?" I questioned him moving closer to him.

Michael looked up at me clenching his jaw as if he was trying to keep his emotions in check.

"He definitely knew something you should've seen the way she was reacting to him, Ash. I've never seen a girl have such an effect on him. It was like the time you gave Luke pot for the first time and he literally followed you around for the next week till you gave him more." Calum said, making me look at him with an amused look on my face at the memory. I then shake the memory and look to Michael for answers.

"It wasn't like that Calum you're reading too much into it." He crossed his arms over his chest in a defensive manner. Like a child.

"And I didn't follow him around i'm not some fucking puppy Cal that's your job." all of us turned to see the blonde curly-haired man walking into the room seeing his attire was almost messily thrown on.

"What the hell happened to you? You look like you just had a fight with your bed, or something" I said looking at him with confusion, as Luke was usually the first one out of all of us to get up and ready. Hearing light footsteps coming from behind him making all of us turn to see the medium sized girl with a shy smile.

"Well at least one of us is having fun" Michael huffed which earned a glare from me since I'm still not done questioning him.

"Oh don't worry. I know if I didn't come into town with you today you would be having some fun to Michael." Calum had a devilish smirk on his face that made us all turn to look at the now-flustered man.

"Do you ever shut up?"

"Not when it comes to you big boy" Calum playfully pats Michael's chest making him even more flustered.

"You better fess up right now" I am getting impatient now. I need to know who this girl was and how she was getting in the way of their mission.

"It's none of your bis-" I cut Michael off grabbing the collar of his jacket, pulling him closer to my face which is not stone cold with anger.

"I think it is. And you better tell me or so help me god my fist will go so far up your ass your wont be able to sit for weeks. Now, what is her name Michael" I said pushing him into the wall, seeing him slightly flitch.

"Okay fine I'll tell you just get off of me man seriously your dads not here stop acting all tough." he said pushing me off of him as he fixed his jacket looking up at me sighing.

"Her name's Amore. She's a Moretti we met at a club and we used to fuck around that's all man. We haven't talked since last march. I thought her mother would have shipped her off when she caught us together." Michael said, running his hand through his hair almost as if he was distressed at the information coming out of his mouth.

"So you're telling me you were fucking around with a Moretti behind my back? You know they are our number one rivals. You know what they did. Are you fucking kidding me?" I let myself ramble on and so do Michael and Calum. Once I'm finished I open my eyes when I feel I am calm enough to look Michael in the eyes but I scan the room first. I realize that Luke's little friend has slipped out the front door but I'll have to talk to him about that later. Right now I'm pissed at Michael. I didn't even know the Moretti's had a daughter.

"Oh come on Ash you act like you had never fucked someone your dad didn't approve of or did something behind our backs. Don't act all high and mighty because you are no better than I am." Michael says, with anger in his voice.

Of course, he's not wrong. I have done things in the past that I'm not proud of and things that if my father found out he would kill me for. But never have I ever betrayed my family as he did me. And I never would, family is all I have and I would do anything for them and up till now I thought Michael was the same, but now I'm not so sure.

"You better keep an eye on her, Mike. You don't know what she's about." I was going to chew Michael out more but we have more important things to focus on. Like Lorenzo. I didn't even know he was in town.

Michael just nodded in response to what I said but I can't be too bothered by it right now. As I said Lorenzo is never in town. There has to be something he wants here. Something he's looking for and we are going to find out what it is.

"If you two are done having your little bitch boy fight we have a job to do." Luke says walking back into the room as all the others had left the room when me and Michael were in the middle of talking. Turning to look at Michael seeing him straighten up his posture moving towards Luke making sure to knock shoulders with me as he passes. I let out a sigh looking up at the family picture of my father, my mother, and me, before moving out of the room and letting the heavy door slam shut behind me.

This job isn't going to be easy.