Chapter 113: Rosanna

I looked at Polaris curiously. What news could he have to share? His eyes were sparkling, so I didn't think it was anything bad...

"What is it, Polaris?" I asked as I sat down in the armchair by the fireplace.

My familiar sat down beside me gingerly.

"It's Nova," he replied with a smile. Nova was Polaris' mate and while I'd never met her personally, I knew he loved her with all his heart. "She's given birth to a son."

I gasped and embraced Polaris.

"Congratulations!" I exclaimed. "I'm so happy for you!"

"Yes, congrats! I can't wait to meet him," Cyris added with a grin.

"Thank you," Polaris replied. "I didn't mean to be away for so long, but I needed to be with her and our son."

"I understand completely, Polaris," I assured him. "What did you and Nova name him?"

"Aries," he beamed. "My hope is that he'll be bound to your little one. Ice phoenixes and ice magic users blend well together."

I smiled at him. He was right, ice magic users tended to be bound to ice phoenixes. My brother and I were perfect examples of that, and based on past events, my baby seemed to have my ice powers.

"I'd be surprised if our children weren't bound," Cyris stated.

"Then I look forward to your little one's bonding ceremony," Polaris stated. "Sorry for interrupting. I know you're both supposed to be getting ready for the party."

"And I hope you'll be there, at least for a little while," Cyris insisted.

"I will. Nova can handle Aries for a bit. I still need to call Arissa, and tell her the good news."

"Great, then we'll see you soon then," Cyris smiled.

Polaris nodded, then he gave me one last hug before he left the master suite. After he closed the door behind him, I unwrapped the towel on my head and went back into the bathroom, looking for my hairdryer.

"Cyris?" I called out as I searched a few drawers. "Have you seen my hairdryer?"

"Under the sink, love."

I opened the cabinet under the sink and found my hairdryer laying in a crate.

"Found it! Thank you!" I told Cyris.

I plugged it in and turned it on, drying my hair. It wasn't going to have its natural curl because of this. Usually, I'd let it air dry and it'd curl on its own, but I didn't have time for that right now.

There was another knock on the bedroom door. I finished drying my hair and went out into the bedroom to find Sidra standing there. Cyris must have let her in, but I didn't see him anywhere. I figured he must have disappeared into the closet.

"Hey Sidra," I greeted her. "Where's Cyris?"

"I sent him to the closet, to get ready," she replied. "Come on, you need to get ready too."

So I was right. I nodded and followed Sidra into the closet. The back wall of mirrors was already open, revealing the secret closet, and I spotted Cyris clasping his cape. He chose all white tonight; white dress pants, and a white long sleeve dress shirt. He even had on white shoes. He looked amazing, as he always did when he wore his royal garments.

"Well, would you look at that. Cyris, you're actually ready?! I think hell just froze over," Sidra teased.

Cyris glared at Sidra and sucked his teeth.