Chapter 29: Rosanna

⚠️🚨ATTN: This chapter will include a language key for Piarari. Piarari is a language that and I created specifically for this series.🚨⚠️

Piarari Key
Vasia (vah-sia): Snowflake

My body shook as heart wrenching, broken sobs escaped my lips and tears streamed down my cheeks

My body shook as heart wrenching, broken sobs escaped my lips and tears streamed down my cheeks. I sank down to the floor. The temperature dropped dramatically, and ice formed on the walls. There was a flurry of snow and Polaris appeared, having sensed my anguish. He knelt down in front of me and looked at me, waiting for me to explain, but not pushing me to do so if I didn't want to.

"He used me, Polaris," I told my familiar. "He wanted me for my powers..."

Polaris' eyes burned with anger.

"I'll kill him," he growled.

"I love him, Polaris," I sobbed. "I gave him everything. My heart, my mind, my soul, even my body. Gods, was it all just a game to him?!"

"If it was then he's incredibly stupid. But Rose...what are we going to do now? We can't go to Riofalt... Not without reinforcements. It's too dangerous."

"Then we won't go. Let my dreams stay dreams for now. We'll go when it's safer...when I'm strong enough to stand up to the Trillium on my own."

We fell silent for a few moments, and Polaris held me close.

"Where is he, Rose?" Polaris asked.

"I don't know, I kicked him out," I replied shakily.

"He's probably in the woods somewhere... Do you want me to stay with you for the night?"

I nodded. Polaris helped me to my feet and guided me to my bed. He laid down next to me and I cried into his chest.

"Why did he do that?" I asked softly in disbelief. Had my love really meant that little to him?

Polaris comforted me, rubbing my back with one hand and my hair with the other.

"I don't know Rose, and I'm so sorry you're hurting. I wish...I could take that pain away. I can't, but I can use my magic to give you a sense of calmness."

I shook my head. "It won't work now, Polaris. You and I have a bond, but my emotional anchor was him. He calmed me down, he made me feel safe. Gods...part of me just wants him back, but the other part can't forgive him. What am I supposed to do?"

"You heal, and take your time. If you want him back later on down the line, then so be it. But for now, I think you need to leave it be," he answered.

I nodded and closed my eyes, trying to fall asleep, but it was difficult without Cyris Castellan laying next to me.