Chapter 67: Rosanna

⚠️🚨ATTN: This chapter will include a language key for Piarari. Piarari is a language that WondaGal and I created specifically for this series.🚨⚠️

Piarari Key
Vasia (vah-sia): Snowflake

I found Cyris in the gardens, he was laying down on the ground with his arms under his head

I found Cyris in the gardens, he was laying down on the ground with his arms under his head. His eyes were closed, so my initial thought was that he was hurt, but then his eyes popped open, and he looked at me.

I approached him slowly and noticed the dark circles under his eyes. My heart shattered now that I knew the real reason behind his inability to sleep.

"Cyris?" I called out, my eyes glistening with tears as I looked into those pain filled hazel orbs.

He sat up and gave me a big smile. "Vasia, hey," Cyris greeted. "You okay?"

"Cyris...I know," I told him as tears started falling from my eyes.

"You know?" he ran his fingers through his hair with a confused look on his face.

"I know about what you did that night...the night I died," I whispered as my tears continued to fall. "I don't know all the specific details...but I know about the deal you made with Akodic..." I bit my lip, trying to contain my sobs. My heart was breaking because he'd been in pain and I hadn't been able to stop it.

Cyris' eyes grew wide with realization, then he looked down at the ground speechless. He sighed deeply, and stood up, then stood in front of me. I gazed into those warm eyes of his, and it only made my heart hurt more.

"Rosanna..."

I cupped his face in my hands, looking into those hazel eyes that I loved so much. They were full of pain and lacked the sparkle I was used to. My heart shattered all over again.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked, my voice was a broken whisper.

"I didn't want to worry you," he replied, ashamed.

"You were in pain. And knowing that you've been in pain this whole time because of me..."

"No, it's not your fault, please don't blame yourself."

"You were in pain... Cyris...you've been suffering all this time and I didn't...I didn't do anything to stop it..."

"It was never your responsibility to stop it, Rose..." Cyris averted his eyes. "I knew what I was doing when I made my decision."

"I'm going to be your wife, Cyris! Your soulmate...your other half...it's my job to make sure you're okay!" I protested. Then it hit me... "Your wife..." I breathed. "Married couples can share pain, right?"

Cyris looked back at me, his expression was focused, as if he was thinking of an answer. "Yes, they can actually," he replied. "I can remember, my dad had come back from a battle, and my mom was able to lessen his pain because of their shared markings."