Chapter 11: Cyris

⚠️🚨ATTN: This chapter will include a language key for Piarari. Piarari is a language that WondaGal and I created specifically for this series.🚨⚠️

Piarari Key
Vasia (vah-sia): Snowflake

Holding Rosanna in my arms calmed my heart

Holding Rosanna in my arms calmed my heart. Was this what it felt like to be in love? If it was, then I wouldn't trade this feeling for anything. She was so warm, and breathing in her smell of sandalwood and vanilla made me feel whole. But the sound of her sobs made my heart hurt. So much so that I hardly noticed the chill in the room, I was too focused on her.

"Vasia, please don't cry," I breathed into her hair.

"I don't want you to get hurt," she choked out. "I... I care about you." Her fingers gripped my shirt tightly. It was almost as if she was afraid I'd vanish if she let go.

I wasn't sure how to make her feel better, and it killed me inside. "What can I do?"

She shook her head. "Just hold me," she told me. "I'll be okay... I think." After a while, her breathing finally slowed and her body stopped shaking. She was finally calming down. "I'm sorry you had to deal with that..." she told me as she bit her lip.

"Why are you always apologizing when it's not your fault?"

"It's a habit I guess," she admitted. "When I was a girl, everyone blamed me for things that weren't my fault because of my powers. After a while, I just started apologizing for things rather than fight. It was easier that way I guess."

I was at a loss for words. Rosanna had gone through so much, and I wanted more than anything to rewrite her past, but I knew I couldn't. The best I could do for her was make sure her future was full of happiness and love. So I held her closer. Since when did I become such a hopeless romantic? I teased myself internally.

"I'm getting kind of tired," Rosanna admitted softly.

"Are you still dizzy?" I questioned.

"No, I think I'm okay. Is it okay if I sleep a little?"

"Yes, definitely! I'll just go hang out in the living room..."

"Please don't go," she breathed, softly pleading with me to stay.

Please don't go. Hearing her say that made me weak. I admit that I wanted to hold her... to comfort her...

"Okay, Vasia. I'll stay with you," I decided.

"Thank you," she replied softly.

The steady sound of her breathing soothed me as the two of us drifted off to sleep in each other's arms.