Chap 10: What Only Clasped Hands Can Create!

*Haru's Pov*

???: Anytime is fine! As long as you want, I will give you the power to destroy all mankind.

An evil voice echoed through the dark space causing me to open my eyes wide and sit up on my bed. I gasp as I put my hand on my forehead, trying to calm my breathing before looking at the alarm clock that's sitting on the nightstand beside my bed.

Haru: 6:30 am.

Then I looked at my trembling right hand, which for a moment I saw covered in a thick pool of blood. I blinked a few times before looking back at it, only to find that everything was back to normal.

Haru: What the hell is wrong with me?

I mumbled uncomfortably before I got out of my bed and left the bedroom.

When I went down to the second floor of the house, I saw Hana sitting on the sofa in her pajamas. Her face seemed to be quite annoyed, which made me unable to help but ask.

Haru: What's wrong, Hana? Rarely do I see you getting up early at this hour of the day.

That's not a lie. Hana always wakes up later than me every day, she has a hobby of sleeping in since living with Gai-san. I don't feel it's too bad either, so I wouldn't advise her to drop it. Plus, she's only up 15 minutes later than me, so I can't say she sleeps a lot.

Hana: I hear 'his' voice when I sleep.

That hit my mind.

Haru: Did you hear that too?

Hana: You too?

I nodded before going over and sitting down next to her. Neither of us felt good hearing the same voice on the same day. The last time we heard that voice, we really caused a disaster.

Hana: Do you think he's trying to connect with us?

Haru: Who knows! He's the last person I want to ask for help.

Hana: I agree with you on that.

Hana sneered before she collapsed onto the sofa. She looked up at the ceiling for a few seconds before she asked me.

Hana: Hey, Haru. Do you think we were wrong back in the day?

Haru: Why are you asking that after all this time?

I lowered my face slightly and stared at the floor.

Hana: I don't know. It just happened to me all of a sudden.

Haru: We only do what we think is right. As for what we did was right or wrong, let history decide it and... History decided that we were wrong on that day.

Hana: You're probably right about that.

I looked up before I got up from the sofa to go to the bathroom. But before I did, I suddenly stopped and asked Hana.

Haru: Hey, Hana.

Hana: Hmm?

Haru: Why are you so friendly with Chris?

Hana: Eh?

Haru: It's not like you when you want her to live here and worry about her. That's a little bit different from your usual friend.

I looked at Hana who smiled and answered me.

Hana: Because she resembles us.

I closed my eyes, thinking about it for a few seconds before smiling lightly.

Haru: You're right about that.

After that, I go to the bathroom to do personal hygiene and prepare for a new day.