Chapter 6

The next morning Maddie woke up, and blinked her eyes slowly a couple times getting rid of her blurry vision. When her vision was normal she noticed that she was in Nick's bedroom. Maddie could recognize his room anywhere because unlike almost every other teenage boy’s bedroom it was neat and clean, nothing out of place.

Maddie wandered down the stairs and saw Nick asleep on the couch. His head was resting on a pillow and his body was covered with a blanket. Maddie walked over and sat in the chair across from the couch, looking around. Nick's mom had left for work and would be back later in the day to take the two of them to dance. 

It was when Maddie looked down at the floor, she noticed Nick's shirt was laying on the ground by the couch. Maddie giggled quietly to herself. She had seen Nick shirtless a countless amount of times, she still laughed though whenever she saw him shirtless.

Maddie really couldn't blame him though, it was the end of August and it was very hot everyday now in Pittsburgh, even during the nighttime.

Maddie was snapped out of her thoughts she she noticed Nick start to move around on the couch. She got up from the chair she was sitting in and walked over and leaned down next to him so her face was level with his. Maddie planned on scaring him but to her surprise her plan failed miserably.

Nick didn't open his eyes but he felt Maddie's presence standing over him. In a single swift motion he grabbed her around the waist and pulled her down next to him on the couch. Maddie let out a little yelp of surprise and then started to laugh, causing Nick to laugh also. He finally opened his eyes and his bright green eyes met Maddie's beautiful blue ones. 

Maddie looked into Nick's eyes and saw something she had never seen in a boys eyes before. When she looked into Nick's eyes she saw love and protection.

Nick looked down at Maddie and noticed she was looking into his eyes. He looked back into her eyes and started to lean in.

Slowly both of their eyelids fluttered shut and Nick pressed his lips against Maddie's very gently and lovingly. The two of them pulled away a minute later.

"Wow." Maddie said.

"Yeah." Nick responded.

Maddie buried her face into his bare chest, shutting her eyes again. Nick laid his head on top of Maddie's and breathed in her scent. She smelt like peppermint and pumpkin spice combined. The two pulled away a few minutes later not really wanting to. Nick sat up and Maddie stood up from the couch in front of him.

Nick reached down and grabbed his shirt and pulled it back over his head, much to Maddie's disliking. He stood up from the couch and grabbed Maddie's hand and walked into the kitchen. He let go of Maddie's hand and then walked over one of the kitchen cabinets and pulled out two bowls.

Nick sat them down on the counter and walked back over to Maddie. "So what kind of cereal would you like?" He asked trying to speak with a British accent but failing miserably, causing Maddie to laugh.

"Depends on what you have." Maddie responded.

"Well, let's see. Nick said, speaking regularly again. "Looks like, lucky charms, cocoa puffs, corn pops, or frosted flakes." He spoke, turning around from looking into the cabinet full of cereal to look at Maddie.

"Uh, lucky charms." Maddie answered.

Nick pulled out the box of lucky charms and put it on the counter before grabbing the box of frosted flakes for himself. He walked over to stand beside Maddie where she was pouring herself a bowl of lucky charms. Nick poured himself a bowl of cereal also and then walked over to the refrigerator grabbing the milk. He let Maddie pour some into her cereal first before he did the same to his.