Chapter 11

Maddie woke up a few hours later wrapped up in Nick's arms. She smiled and the felt something or someone pressing against her back. Maddie turned around and saw Mackenzie snuggled up to her. This caused her to smile again. As much as her and Mckenzie fought they were still sisters and Maddie loved Mackenzie to death. Finally Maddie looked up towards the windown and saw Melissa sitting there smiling.

Maddie didn't know if Melissa saw she was awake or not, so she softly whispered, "Mom." 

Melissa heard someone whisper and the person had said mom, so she knew it was either Maddie or Mackenzie. She first walked over behind Maddie and Nick to check on Mackenzie, not seeing that Maddie had her eyes open. When she was Mackenzie was still sleeping soundly she looked over at Maddie and saw her bright blue eyes. 

Maddie smiled as Melissa saw she was awake and leaned over Nick's sleeping form to give her a kiss on the cheek. Minutes later a doctor came in with some news. Maddie saw him walk in and then shook Nick awake as Melissa picked Mackenzie up off the bed and laid her in her lap.

The doctor started to speak and Maddie, Nick and Melissa all quickly learned that Maddie would be having surgery today. "If we do the surgery today, you should be able to go back to dance by Friday, as long as you rest for the next to days." The doctor said. Maddie was a little freaked out, she wanted to have the suregery and go back to dance but then she didn't because she would be able to do the duet with Brandon on Saturday at the competition.

Maddie nodded as the doctor finished explaining and telling them that a nurse would be here in about an hour to get her ready for surgery. As soon as the doctor walked out of the room, everyone was silent. Nick and Melissa noticed how tense Maddie was immediately. 

"It'll be okay Maddie, you'll be just fine." Nick tried.

"I know. I'm not nervous about the surgery." Maddie answered, making Nick and Melissa confused. 

"But-" Nick started. "I'm nervous about going back to dance, because since I know all the dances I will have to perform this weekend and that means performing the duet with Brandon and I'm scared he will drop me on purpose again." Maddie said, her eyes gettign a little watery. Nick sat next to her on the bed and hugged her, rubbing soft, small circles on her back.

Maddie leaned into him, tears now streaming down her face. Melissa watched her daughter cry and felt her heart break. She got up and walked over to Nick whispering something in his ear then walked out of the room carrying Mackenzie.

Nick stayed with Maddie comforting her the whole time until the doctor came to get her ready for surgery. Half an hour later Maddie was ready for her surgery and scared out of her mind. "Please stay with me." Maddie begged while the nurse made sure everything was okay and ready to go with the doctor. "Of course." Nick said, leaning down and pressing his lips lightly against hers.

The nurse came back in a few minutes later and started wheeling Maddie down towards where her surgery would be done. Nick walked down beside Maddie, holding her hand the whole time. Once they were down where her sugrery would be the nurse walked away to check Maddie in and Nick stayed standing by her leaning in and givingMaddie another kiss on her lips quickly. "You'll be fine, I promise." Nick said.

Maddie looked up at him and smiled when she met his eyes. Nick's eyes were filled with love, hope and a feeling Maddie couldn't quite describe. "I love you." Maddie said quickly when she saw the nurse walking back over ot her. "I love you too." Nick said, looking at her in the eyes. He loved looking into Maddie's eyes they were the perfect sheade of blue.

The nurse walked over and started pushing Maddie's bed into the new room where she would have her surgery. Nick held onto Maddie's hand for as long as he could before he had to let go. The nurse pushed the doors to the room open and before they closed completely Nick took the chance  to say he loved her one last time before letting go of her hand and letting the door close.

Nick smiled softly to himself a little upset. He decided to walk up to the waiting room to wait for Maddie until she was out of surgery. While he was walking up the stairs, he got an idea. Nick looked at the time and estimated Maddie wouldn't be out of surgery for four to five hours. When he got to the waiting room instead of sitting down in one of the uncomfortable waiting chairs, Nick walked over to the double glass doors and pulled one of them open. He walked out and started walking towards the Abby Lee Dance Company. No way was Nick letting Brandon dance with Maddie after what he did.