20

JOSEPHINE

"Jô, I'm here, meet me at the entrance."

After a long time of talking, after a lot of apologies, Hero convinced me to wait for him to arrive at the airport. Maybe it was just another dumb move I was making again, but I wanted to know what was going on with him.

My agent stayed with me until he arrived, she said that she would be staying at the hotel close to the place where the interviews and photos would be taken for the movie's release, a few days later. She gave me the address, the key to my room, and whenever I wanted, I could just go there.

As soon as I read Hero's message, I don't know if I was happy to finally meet him in person after so long, or to be in London, to arrive and be able to rest, or if I was irritated to hear what I've heard, knowing that he was with someone else... Or for actually realizing that Hero had moved on and forgotten about me.

But who was I kidding, I also got involved with other guys, I asked him to live what he had to live... I know that! But I still feel bad!
I find Hero's car, he had given me the license plate and model, it was all black, including the windows, I couldn't see anything inside the car, but he opened the window and I could see his cap.

I say goodbye to my agent and get into his car with just my handbag. My other bags would go to the hotel. I close the door without looking at him, just smelling him, and I know he's staring at me right now. My heart leapt through my mouth, and we remained silent for hours, or rather seconds. Until I take a breath and look at him, our eyes finally meet, after so long, and he smiles.

"Hey."

I hold back the smile I want to give, I need to show him that I'm mad, but I can't hold back the feeling of happiness inside me.

A horn sound came from the cars parked behind us, Hero and I came out of the trance, we turned to the front, he starts the car and drives towards... Maybe to his house?

"I missed you Jô."

"Uhun, I know... I heard your 'miss' saying that you could come inside her..."

I was very angry with him, a lot, I was angry with the whole situation, I crossed my arm and huffed.

"Calm down, I can explain!"

"You can't! You have no right to speak until we arrive, I don't know where we're going!"

"Fine! Just..."

"Just what?" I look at him, his eyes sparkled even more, his smile was radiant, he couldn't stop smiling. "Why are you smiling, Hero?"

"I'm soooo happy, I still can't believe you're here!"

"I already regretted coming then... You don't have to remind me!"

"Jô, as soon as we get to my house I'm going to give you the strongest hug you've ever received in your life."

I still had my arm crossed but the smile I had been holding back appeared. We're going to his house! I really wanted to visit his house since 3 years ago! Finally!

As soon as Hero parked the car in some London street, I saw posters, candles, flowers...

"What is..."

"Oh... We still haven't found out who is putting up these posters every day here..."

"Every day?'

He nods as he opens the door to get out of the car, he walks around outside, as I unbuckle my seat belt, and opens my door to help me out. I'm still mad at him... But I missed him a lot too.

"Wow what a gentleman!"

"Gentleman no, I just want to do this!"

He pulls me by the arm helping me to get out of the car more quickly, and without waiting a second, he hugs me taking my feet off the ground, squeezing me as if I were going to run away. I squeeze him back, smelling him again, I haven't smelled him in a long time. I knew the hug was going to take longer than expected, so I hugged him with my legs too, bringing him closer to me.

Hero is stronger, after so long, after so many football games, training in Africa, I had no doubt that his body would look different from the last time I saw him. He was more muscular. I felt his heat, his breathing was very fast, which made me smile even more. The strongest hug I've ever received in my life.

"How I missed you, Hero."

But... As moments like this always end too quickly, we hear someone clearing her throat across the street.

We look back and I see a red-haired woman, almost naked, okay, she was wearing mini shorts and a top that almost hid her breasts. We pull apart slowly, Hero puts me down, and I feel him nervous.

The red-haired girl looked irritated about something, she was furious. I looked at her and Hero at the same time, it didn't take long for me to understand that she was the person who was with him before I called.

But before she or he said anything, she totally changed her expression, it looked like... She had recognized me... Her eyes widen and a big smile appears on her mouth, then, she starts screaming.